The Anime Thread

Watched the first 2eps of ‘remake our life’…it was pretty good and can definitely see the potential.

A quick synopsis from MAL…

Hashiba Kyouya is a 28-year-old game developer. With his company going bankrupt, and him losing his job, he returns to his hometown. Looking at the success of creators of his age, he finds himself regretting his life decisions as he lay distressed on his bed. As Kyouya wakes up, he discovers that he has traveled ten years back to the time before he entered college. Will he be able to finally make things right?

This is a story about a failed person who is given a second opportunity to follow his dreams.

Only downside I see so far is that the characters are a bit bland. Oh, and just a warning about the 1st ep…it’s ~50min long! I was watching and asking myself why this episode seemed so long. lol

Also, been reading ‘chainsaw man’ manga too and it’s definitely enjoyable. It’s got some elements similar to jujutsu, tokyo ghoul, and fire force. Definitely looking forward to the anime release!

2 Likes

I’ll flag that one.

I found it started a bit slow but picked up and got a bit deeper. They don’t spend much time on background so you have to infer a lot, the benefit though is it moves along. The series could likely have been double the size if they did more backstory.

Gonna be crazy to see how they animate some sequences. Will be interesting to see how fluid they make the story.

1 Like

Beastars S2 out on netflix!

I finished the manga but didn’t really like the end chapters so I might skip on this. Enjoyed S1 tho…

1 Like

This looks promising…

Another one by mappa. Has some kill la kill / promare vibes.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought that one seemed interesting as well. Just read a brief synopsis. No trailers yet.

1 Like

Should be out next week. The manga doesn’t look like it’s well received tho…guess we’ll see

1 Like

Just finished watching S1. Wow, that was a violent one. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Looks like S2 is in the works:

2 Likes

Nice! Yup, definitely up there with the violent ones.

What’s next on the watchlist for you?

If you wanted something similar I’d recommend Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit. Less violent but much better written than vinland. Actually, I think it’s more similar to dororo. It used to be available on prime but not anymore (at least in the us region). However, I think it’s available on tubitv (never used).

Oh btw, I totally forgot to share this but there’s a website you can use to easily search where each anime is streaming…pretty useful! Doesn’t have all anime tho…

https://because.moe/us

2 Likes

Only have a couple of days of Prime left. Will probably not start anything lengthy.

I may try this Tubi service. After all, “if the service is free, you’re the product”. :smiley:

Ended up writing a record of the animes I have recently watched and what’s my status on them. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Cheers. :beers:

1 Like

The time has finally come @perogie…new konosuba anime green lit!

Scratch that @frkasper…the one on tubi only has the live-action not the anime (moribito). Just fyi in case you were looking at it.

1 Like

Aye aye Captain. :+1:

1 Like

!!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

1 Like

Hope this’ll be as good as Castlevania. Trailer looks promising…

2 Likes

Just finished this one today. They packed a lot of content for 12 episodes in S1. Totally agree with the AoT wannabe.

Coups d’état everywhere in such animes. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cheers.

2 Likes

The movies weren’t actually that bad. I thought it was worth watching if you watched s1, but you won’t really miss anything.

2 Likes

Well this is interesting…

Guess there were waaay too many people that didn’t like the manga ending. lol

2 Likes

Looking forward to this one!

2 Likes

Cool. I remember this one. Will need a recap before watching this new season.

2 Likes

Finished OddTaxi. It was a nice self contained story line that wrapped up well.

Didnt see the ending coming in the way they did it but TBH I have no issue with it as it was also another thread to tie up. Overall, one of the better executed anime Ive seen in a while. Lots of good things going on here.

Very strong, easily recommended.

2 Likes

You know they theorized all that in the comments section and I thought to myself, “no way is that true, seems absurd”…but the theories ended up being spot-on!

There were so many hints too. It’s even more impressive that this was an original and I’d definitely rewatch this again in the future.

1 Like