The Anime Thread

When you go back and think about the various story lines it is amazing how well it came together. A rewatch is probably deserved.

Speaking of rewatching I think I’ve seen the first 15 minutes of Mugen Train about 5 times, just can’t get into it. Will just have to commit to at least watching the first 30 minutes. I’m ok with not watching it at all.

1 Like

Well I don’t blame you, but all the good stuff is at the end. Just skip the first half and jump straight to the end. lol

1 Like

Is the above worth the watch? I’ve lost the time window to cancel the free trial so ended up with another month on Prime. Need to make it worth. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And what about Kokkoku (2018)? Has anyone watched this one?

Thanks!

Sorry, haven’t watched that one nor Kokkoku…

I looked it up on MAL though and based on their ratings, Kokkoku isn’t worth but Inuyashiki is. I don’t always agree with their ratings but I can generally agree if something is worth the worth based on it.

But I’ll look at what I have watched in Prime…anything specific you’re looking for?

1 Like

Doesnt prime have Psycho Pass - first season is great. Havent seen the other seasons.

Girls Last Tour is apparently good but havent watched it yet (very atmospheric from the little Ive gotten to) and, of course, Made In Abyss (I think thats been mentioned on the forum somewhere).

Hey, not to derail, but has anyone watched Black Lagoon? Ive heard its good.

Ha, not much on Prime! lol

Not sure what you’re looking for so I’ll just list em:

• Land of the Lustrous (one of the more unique ones I’ve watched)
  • Elfen Lied (this one was kind of crazy)
  • Made in Abyss (don’t remember if you’ve watched this or not but it’s been highly recommended already)
  • Grand Blue Dreaming (the manga is one of my favorites; this one I like very much)
  • Girl’s Last Tour (it was good but can get kind of boring)
  • Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku (this one was good if you’re into the romance genre)

Prime has s3 and s4 but not s1 and s2

I have not but heard it was good too.

I forget sometimes that Prime has anime. It actually has a decent amount. I’ll bookmark the ones on your list.

I thought Prime had S1 and 2 of Psycho. Must have watched it on Funi then.

1 Like

Not much in the US. It’s got some good exclusives but not enough.

They did, now it’s gone at least here in the US.

1 Like

Actually @perogie just reminded me about Avatar. It’s on Prime. Believe it or not some people haven’t watched it. So do yourself a favor and watch it if you haven’t (or rewatch)!

Wotakoi: started watching it last night and I enjoy the hell out of this. I stopped watching after a while so as not to burn through it all too quickly. Its only 11 episodes in S1. May be a S2 as apparently it was quite popular when it aired. When I looked it up I remember previously reading the description for this one but didnt bite on it at the time.

I browsed the Prime anime library - there is a lot more now then when I last looked, which was a while back. I have to remember it as an anime source. There may be some hidden gems there.

Has anyone tried any of the recent Netflix animations? Outside of Castlevania Ive been disappointed in the newish Netflix originals. Ragnarok was garbage and everything else was boring and forgettable. Even the fabled Beastars didnt really do anything for me.

1 Like

Haven’t heard anything about a s2 but the manga finished not too long ago. Enjoyed it.

Grand Blue and Land of the Lustrous. Although they are a bit popular so I wouldn’t call them gems.

I don’t know which ones you’ve watched but I’ll list all the ones I have watched and enjoyed, or plan to watch because I heard they’re good…

Carole & Tuesday (music anime)
Dorohedoro
Transformers Prime (the original one)
*The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (not all seasons are “netflix-locked” but I highly recommend this one)
Seven Deadly Sins (1st and 2nd season were enjoyable…not the other seasons)
Kakegurui
*Violet Evergarden (pretty popular and well-regarded; one of the best visually; will probably make you cry)
Ajin
Trollhunters (well, all the Guillermo del toro series were enjoyable though I haven’t watched all)
*Voltron (mostly good; lots of similar elements to avatar in a good way)
Pokemon (the new ones by netflix are actually decent)
*Great Pretender (1st season was hype and deservedly so; 2nd season hype was gone and deservedly so; lost its lustre 2nd season)
The Dragon Prince (a little kiddy but still enjoyed it; nice dubbing)

*easy rec

1 Like

Saiki I really liked.

Seven was good to start but it did go downhill with the animation, like WTF level.

Dorohedoro wasnt something that captured me at all. Got hype but couldnt get in to it.

Voltron, watched the first few eps but kind of forgot about it.

Kakegurui, started great but became repetitive to me, lost interest.

Great Pretender - I wanted to like this show but the premise was too outlandish to me given the setting of the show in a real world like situation. Maybe I was being too picky but I was juggling a ton of series at the time and it wasnt sticking.

Maybe Im too picky.

Thats one I really do need to watch at some point.

1 Like

Not really. Just killing time.

Wonderful. Another bookmark to my list. Thanks!

Really digged this one. Watched many years ago. +1

War for Cybertron Trilogy, I thought it was pretty cool. Need to watch S3, recently released.

Where is this one streaming?

Cheers. :beers:

2 Likes

That should be over at funimation

2 Likes

Reddit can be a toxic place but sometimes you gotta love it when they do the work for you!

1 Like

Awesome. Bookmarked. A few series I knew nothing of in there.

1 Like

So I just finished up LINK CLICK and it was a first for me watching a Chinese anime. I thought Oddtaxi was the hidden gem of last season…well now there’s 2 and this one was slept on even more! There will be a season 2 and I cannot wait!

Synopsis…

Using superpowers to enter their clientele’s photos one by one, Cheng Xiaoshi and Lu Guang take their work seriously at “Time Photo Studio,” a small photography shop set in the backdrop of a modern metropolis. Each job can be full of danger, but nothing is more important than fulfilling every order, no matter the scale…or peril involved!

I was reluctant because it was another time travel anime, but what’s different here is that they cannot change what will happen in the future–it is set in stone. It wasn’t until ep9 where they started to tie things together and went all out. So, you gotta finish it through to the end.

I did not see this one coming and I’m glad I stuck with it. Worth the damn watch!

Streaming on Funimation

1 Like

Bloody hell, you know how many of these shows I got on my watch list now??

1 Like

Sorry man, can’t help it if it’s good! :joy:

1 Like

Just finished S1 of Kokkoku. Mixed feelings about this one. I felt engaged throughout the 12 episodes but season finale was kind of disappointing. Ended up with way more questions than answers. :see_no_evil:

Take Gantz: O, Matrix and some characters from Naruto. Put everything in a blender and then you have it. :laughing:

2 Likes