The new HarmonicDyne Zeus with beryllium drivers

Awesome! thanks Resolve. Tell me, what are you using EQ to do with it? More neutrality?

1 Like

I guess I don’t really think about neutrality when I’m EQing, but more so ensuring that the balance between fundamental and harmonic is intact for the music I’m listening to. But, in a way I suppose it does aim to get it closer to my ‘reference’. But even then, I know I like things a bit more warm than is probably ‘neutral’.

3 Likes

how would you compare this to a HD660s?

Hd660s sounds better. Better tonal balance.

Have you done a HD 800s to HD 660s comparison? Curious about the HD 660s.

I don’t think the hd660s is worth it when the hd6xx is so much less expensive, and scales better off upstream equipment.

1 Like

Thanks. I have HD800s. Was just curious if it offered something different, especially on the lower end. Thanks for the tip on the 6XX.

i personally couldn’t really stand the HD800 compared to the HD660s, i got rid of it on the first week…

1 Like

You saved some money on that deal. I sold my HD 800. Still have HD 800S.

1 Like

I just ordered the 8XX. Cant wait for it to get here. I hear it has even more detail than the hd800 and 800s

1 Like

Can you explain the Pk2, pk-1, etc in eq
Im new to this audio stuff and i just got in my harmonic dyne zues since they sound amazing , i want to apply the midrange eq like yours and so far i got everything except pk

That means peak filter. LS means low shelf. HS means high shelf.

1 Like

Understandable, but they have gone down so much in price, open box the 660s go for 250 U$ which competes directly with the Zeus and Sundara, at the same price you would pick the 660s?

For anyone wondering about the Harmonicdyne Poseidon:

The Zeus is better in my opinion, on just about all fronts. The main issue with the Poseidon is that it has significant bass roll-off along with massive bloat/bleed into from upper bass into the lower mids.

3 Likes

Well sh****tttt !!! Already ordered one :pleading_face: Maybe I’ll get lucky :unicorn:

Yeah same here. but detail and technical performance are important to me. i hear its more detailed. and i get to hear what a nickel driver sounds like lol.

Ive loved all the Harmonicdyne releases anyway

1 Like

It’s not more detailed really. Maybe a bit ‘tighter’ for the initially leading edge, but indistinct microdynamics make it sound a bit dull in comparison to the Zeus.

I bailed after the consensus of early reviews from the early bird. Assuming you believe alloys make a significant difference to the audio of a driver, which I do i was always very sceptical. I have a couple of pairs of the periodic IEM’S and that company has a lot of pedigree in professional audio design. They make a series of IEM’S which they say is more hobby than business and by the lack of smoozing and general awareness I think they may be telling the truth.Each IEM uses a different alloy/element as the bassis for the dynamic drivers they use and the difference between them is just the material. The nickel are the lowest cost and have a thinner sound with not a particularly impact ul bass but reasonable upper mids and trebble although they don’t extend very far at either end. The other end of he range is the varbo, very dark and powerful bass. Their most popular is the br version with excellent extension, great bass, mids and warmish trebble. I have the ni and the br. Nickel is the wrong material to “kill” br with although you could use it to wrap around the br to prite t them in shipping :grin:

1 Like

Any ideas why there are a disparity on reviews cus some reviewers says it has alot of soundstage. from all my research it seems to be the frequency response due to in some forums ive read it seams to make it clear it has actual soundstage after eq. Also if someone had Dekoni elite fenni sheepskin pads it should make most or all aspects be better including soundstage and imaging tho it wont be as comfy as the stock pads for the zeus. And also u guys know if there are any other headband that u could in theory swap out with the stock one cus that could be interesting the closest thing ive found its a slider mod which uses magnetic tape but proves that u can take it off.(note i have not tried this headphone just talked and read in some forums.)

forgot to say it was beyer dekoni pads for dt