The Off Topic

Ditto that, and happy cake :cake: days too.

6 Likes

Happy b-days, c-days and other festivities to those who I missed!!

5 Likes

I asked the new AI Bing, “How many ants will fit into a 4 quart air fryer?” Here’s the response:

The answer to this question depends on the size of the ants and the size of the air fryer. According to various sources, the average length of an ant is about 7 mm (0.28 inches), but some species can be much smaller or larger(pestkeen.com)(misfitanimals.com). A 4-quart air fryer has a volume of about 3.8 liters (231 cubic inches).

Assuming that the ants are spherical and packed tightly in the air fryer, we can use the formula for the volume of a sphere and the formula for the packing density of spheres to estimate how many ants will fit in a 4-quart air fryer.

The volume of a sphere is given by:

$$V = \frac{4}{3}\pi r^3$$

where r is the radius of the sphere.

The packing density of spheres is the fraction of space occupied by spheres when they are arranged in the most efficient way possible. The highest packing density of spheres is about 0.74, which means that about 74% of the space is filled by spheres and the rest is empty space.

Therefore, the number of ants that will fit in a 4-quart air fryer is given by:

$$N = \frac{V_{airfryer} \times D}{V_{ant}}$$

where Vairfryer is the volume of the air fryer, D is the packing density of spheres, and Vant is the volume of an ant.

Using an average ant length of 7 mm (0.28 inches) and a radius of 3.5 mm (0.14 inches), we can calculate that:

$$V_{ant} = \frac{4}{3}\pi (0.14)^3 \approx 0.0115 \text{ cubic inches}$$

$$N = \frac{231 \times 0.74}{0.0115} \approx 14,800$$

Therefore, about 14,800 average-sized ants will fit in a 4-quart air fryer.

However, this is only an approximation and does not take into account the shape and orientation of the ants, the shape and dimensions of the air fryer basket, or the possibility of gaps or overlaps between the ants.

4 Likes

Yes, but the really important question(s) are what seasonings to use, and how do they taste? :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Either:

A) The AI is smart enough to avoid the packing problem for irregularly-shaped objects.

Or:

B) The AI is dumb enough to think a sphere is a useful approximation of an ant.

2 Likes

Happy Cake Day @prfallon69!

Thanks for everything.

4 Likes

Happy Cake Day @prfallon69 , the friendliest person on this forum!!

Have a great one!

6 Likes

We now have spherical ants to go with our spherical cows. What wonderful world.

Mark Gosidn

Super happy cake with unmentionable icing day @prfallon69 the official greeting officer of our forum.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to another glorious year of @prfallon69 greeting new members. Happy cake day.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone it is very kind kind of you all. It’s such a wonderful comunity.

6 Likes

Happy Cake Day prfallon69!

4 Likes

Day late, dollar short, but Happy (Belated) Cake Day @prfallon69 !

3 Likes

Glass meets Granite?

1 Like

Bought a new lens just in time for Grads and Dads season:

I could have bought the 24-120 f4 S or the 24-70 f2.8 S, but I didn’t see feel the additional reach (24-120 S) or sharpness across the frame (24-70 S) warranted the extra cost for what I do.

Regards,
Vic

4 Likes

Received this gear last week:

I put some basshead music, position the device on my lower lumbar, set it to lowest speed, and BAM!!! Now I can also FEEL the rumble.

It feels like car audio. Finally. :man_dancing:

3 Likes

If they’re not too costly, have you considered stereo bass units? I’d think that you also might consider the Home Improvement route, and power it with a Harley V-Twin.

3 Likes

He could, but this will work as an impact driver also. It’s like a multi-tool…

1 Like

Happy whole cake day, @Audiophool!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @Audiophool !

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes