Tubes, glow and tube amps

As the kids like to say, this WA-33 is pretty lit!

25 Likes

Thats super bright!

also, toobs

13 Likes

That’s purdy!

What are we looking at?

Kerry/Eksonic T2 :slight_smile:

20 characters

4 Likes

Well done, sir. I’m proud of you my American slinger friend guy! :rofl:

16 Likes

14 Likes

Looks like a Zana…caps look tall enough to be a ZDS?

1 Like

Ya it’s Zana Deux Super

21 Likes

How do you like your D-8000 on that amp? :slight_smile:

It’s a wonderful combination. I prefer to use the HA-3A for almost everything over my current solid state alternative Singxer SA-1. Much lusher and fuller mids, more kick in the bass. Treble resolution is maybe a bit rolled off compared to the SA-1, but it rewards with a beautiful holographic stage - especially since changing the pre tubes to Valvo E80CC.

2 Likes

Yeah. Ok I got that feeling with my WA 22 over my Burson Soloist. At first I didn’t love the D-8000 on the WA 22, but after the pad change on the D-8000 (G-Pads) and proper tube Break in/burn in (especially the Power tubes) I’m in absolute heaven. The bass has so much character, so I really kind of get what you are talking about. So far, the WA 22 with my D-8000 is my favorite synergy. The HD 800 is really good with Tube amps as well. Man, I just love it all. Lol.
Anyhow. Really nice to hear.

1 Like

Elrogs are bright!!

No listening impressions yet….

15 Likes

Wow! Never knew such bright tubes existed (I’m very new to tube amps)!

1 Like

The Elrogs are especially brighter because of thoriated Tungsten. The other 300B tubes are usually not that bright afaik.

2 Likes

Beautiful!

Elrogs sounds like something named from Lord of the Rings. I hope they’re not from Mordor! :laughing:

5 Likes

WE300Bs are not as bright but something about that blue…

14 Likes

Yeah, can’t wait to see that for myself. Mine arrive Monday

3 Likes

I’m still giving mine time to open up fully but I do like them a lot with Jazz and other more acoustic type music, let us know how you like them in your Envy

2 Likes