What's in the box!

https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/lotoo/products/lotoo-paw-s1-portable-usb-dac-amp?variant=39431685668926

This had some buzz a while back. There was a thread…

7 Likes

May check it out too. Thanks!

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks Andris. I have Utopias (and an old pair of LCD-3s - too heavy) and some nice Grados. Never used a dedicated headphone amp, just direct from DAC or from headphone output on my Rogers amp. The LTA folks are 10 miles from me so I would love to be a customer.

Mostly listen to classical and a mix of vocals and classic rock. Some jazz.

Paul

2 Likes

I see the packaging hasn’t changed at all since I bought them in late 2019. Do they still ship with the 3.5mm cable?

58X is the reason I never bought Porta Pros. :rofl:

Enjoy.

1 Like

It came with 3.5mm cable and a snap on 1/4" adapter installed. The cable is about 6’ long. The build quality is fully equal to my retail HD-600. Its sound quality on a good setup is superior to the HD-600 on a bad setup. The high end is rougher than the HD-600, with less subtlety, less extended bass, and less air.

I’ll put on a balanced cable and say more in a Sennheiser thread.

5 Likes

Review is up! https://forum.headphones.com/t/dna-stratus-v4-vs-woo-wa5-le-gen-2-vs-lta-mz3/

2 Likes

Little worried when I saw the box… Looks like it went through some serious schiit :woozy_face:

31 Likes

29 Likes

Arrived Saturday, been so busy I haven’t even added it to the system!

25 Likes

Obligatory chair shot:

Toobs:

Feliks Euforia mkII

28 Likes

Nice chair! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Need a full review, of course. :+1:

3 Likes

Of course! I have extensive experience with the chair. I’ll throw in a few lines about the amp too. :grin:

2 Likes

Never heard of em so I was curious and decided to try em for some op-amp rolling. Jakub from Staccato was a pleasure to deal with; no complaints with the service!

11 Likes

How do they compare to other opamps you compared to? Do you plan to have a shootout post?

4 Likes

Haven’t tried yet. Will post something on the Soloist thread once I get some time with them.

2 Likes

9 Likes

HD580/600/650 and HD800S cables from LQI. I feel they do a good job.

Need to let them burn in. To let the sonic waves settle in and form as intended in nature, by bonding with an organic chemistry.

20 Likes

Mest Mk II - Brand new.
Everything from box, strap, accesories, cable and the IEM themselves, ouze with quality. If the sound is at the same level… :heart_eyes:

21 Likes

I look forward to your impressions. I’ve read that the measurements don’t’ necessarily reflect how clear the midrange is ( measurements show a little less ear gain than some other earphones in that price range), so I’m curious what your take is on that.

1 Like

So far it is very clear and I would even call the midrange elevated. Male voices comes through very detailed and loud, so at this point I think the midrange is more clear and pronounced than most of my other IEMs.

1 Like