What's in the box!

giphy (10)

25 Likes

Welcome to the Spring Club! Only way I’d get rid of mine is to upgrade to the May. Such a great Dac and I hope you like it!

6 Likes
  1. Congrats on the Spring!
  2. Can’t wait to hear how you like it vs. the Sonnet Morpheus.
  3. What shelf is that you have the A&S amp on?
3 Likes

Thanks @earmuffs looking forward to running this puppy through it’s paces.

Thanks @parmiep

It’s definitely different than the Morpheus. I need to hear it for a bit to really pin it down though.

LOL the Bigger Ben is on a Walmart wire shelf that I cut down to accommodate my system. There used to be a second shelf above the DAC. It’s probably going back in

3 Likes

Just in time for the weekend, this:

PXL_20210917_024933883
PXL_20210917_025132030
PXL_20210917_025135821

27 Likes

I got a P3 some time ago, and I found it to be a major difference in my system. I too was skeptical as to how much difference it would make, but it ended up meaningfully reducing background noise for my system. I tried multiwave as well, but found that to smear the sound a bit vs just “normal” mode - but I’m sure results vary depending on system and upstream electrical issues.

2 Likes

I wish I had a what’s in the box post with pictures right now but the package is stuck in FedEx Purgatory sitting in a container only not far away. It’s as though I can feel it close by like a sixth sense. I’m at the point of having absolutely no patience whatsoever, patiently waiting for the past 12 months and now at the last part of the stretch knowing it’s so close! I’d totally be fine going and working for FedEx today just to speed up the process LOL!

4 Likes

…. Sounds a lot like “Troutdale Limbo” to me !! The Oregon shipping vortex

2 Likes

I have one of those, has not moved in 3-4 days now :pensive:

1 Like

I think it needs to go to Seattle, then to Roseburg, maybe Eugene, Portland, Salem, then back to Portland. Take a trip to the pacific northwest.

He’s probably circling outside your house right now, knowing your so close yet so far away…

1 Like

I’m not immediately sure how to characterize what I hear with multiwave. Heightened dynamics and clearer bass texture? I’m not even sure that’s possible, but that’s what I think I’m hearing so far. :man_shrugging: lol It seems to have a bigger effect on my DAC than my amps - the effect is less apparent with an analogue source (vinyl). Also, I’m still not convinced it’s not just my own confirmation bias - but even so, that works for me too. As long as what I’m hearing sounds improved to my ears who cares why? I’m happy with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Count your blessings that your wait was only 6 months. It’s a year now.

I hope the FedEx gods smile on you today/tomorrow! :wink:

2 Likes

Funny the entire last 6 months of waiting was easier than the last 6 days! LoL

EDiT: I was wrong on my wait time. It was closer to 1 year and not 6 months.

2 Likes

I kindof had the opposite of confirmation bias. I thought the P3 would affect stuff like tube amps, but at the time I only had a Chord Hugo 2 (and no external amp). I got it preemptively for when I would have an amp, and figured I’d hear little to no difference immediately. Of course, when I tried it, my first thought was “oh wow, this does matter”. The better dynamics and cleaner bass texture make a ton of sense. When you lower the noise floor, your dynamic range increases in what you can hear in the recording. I should also note that the power cable you use in the Power Plant also makes a meaningful difference. I A/B’d the stock cable vs a just okay upgrade cable, and that difference was clear. I’ve since moved on to an AudioQuest Thunder, and the noise floor dropped even more.

1 Like

Interesting! While I haven’t gone down the power cables rabbit hole (yet?) I did actually replace the stock cable with a “just okay” upgrade cable yesterday, mostly because I wanted to run the power from an outlet on a circuit in my apartment that has very little else on it, and in doing so you can see the cable and I found the stock black cable in plain sight atrocious. lol

I thought it would affect tube amps, too, but with turntable>Valhalla 2>Verite I hear very little effect from Multiwave. The effect is plainly audible with Bifrost>Lyr 3>Arya. My initial assumption is it’s having a pronounced effect on my DAC, though I haven’t yet plugged the turntable into Lyr and tried that. Thank god it’s the weekend, I’m going to be busy. lol

2 Likes

I found the Holo Audio Spring 3 to be a great pairing with my Kenzie Ovation. i hope you do as well with your Ampsandsound amp.

3 Likes

We all feel you pain. I hope you soon have it in your hands.

2 Likes

Today’s mail call.

17 Likes

Bought through Walmart, obviously was an open box, but was sold as new. However price was good and they work fine. I’ve contacted seller - missing one ear tip (I have plenty,) But I ought to get a further discount, or they get a bad review.

On first impression, these sound pretty good, compared especially to my old lost ER-6 model

13 Likes