What's in the box!

Jesus f… Christ… You ARE the tube dude :rofl:

5 Likes

Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.
I’m the tube Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Tubeness Dudeness, or uh Tuber Duder, or El tuberino Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing!

11 Likes

El Padrino de los tubos de vacio. ( Godfather of Vacuum Tubes )

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

You’re awesome…did you end up getting that tester?

1 Like

:eyes:

29 Likes

TV-7 in the house!!

19 Likes

Very sweet TV-7/A.

That tester sure looks to be in great shape. Much cleaner than mine.

Make sure to run the shorts test in advance of taking the strength readings. I don’t usually bother with a gas test unless the tube is acting bizzare. Congrats.

3 Likes

Great, I’ll have all my tubes drop shipped to you for testing. You can send the good ones on to me and send the bad ones back to the seller. You won’t mind will you?

3 Likes

I just borrowed this from a friend that owns a hifi shop to go through my new collection but I’m planning on getting one from him soon too. If I end up getting one I wouldn’t be against testomg tubes for people on here!

But ultimately the best thing to do is get a trusted tube seller rather than take too many risks as there is a lotta junk out there.

4 Likes

Agreed! I was joking above about sending you tubes to test, you look like you will have a back log of work anyway. Enjoy, hope you find some favorites.

2 Likes

Super interested in what you think about these! I’ve seen people say this is an amazing value for the money.

1 Like

Just got these in yesterday. Forgot to take some box pictures though.

26 Likes

That’s some serious bling!

I’ll be curious to learn the extent to which you agree with @Resolve’s review. What will you be driving them with?

1 Like

I’d imagine straight off a ventilator based on the look of that cable :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh but they add so much making you sink deeper into listening sessions.

2 Likes

So does bourbon. Got enough bad habits, don’t need to add anymore at my age.

4 Likes

Having one of these, I am very judicious in running it. They’re old and cranky. Very accurate, but fragile in a strange kind of way.

I usually let the tester warm up good, and watch the electric meter run. Usually wont break it out for testing unless I have a few tubes to check. The tester is 65 years old.

3 Likes

I do love me some Facebook Marketplace.

6 Likes

Gorgeous!! I’m going to pull out my stands and headphones and snap a pic of them outside after seeing this picture I took. @Torq influenced this picture as I’ve seen his stabilized HP’s in a great shot nicely glinting in the sun outside!

17 Likes

A rare glimpse of the noble Salire in the wild…a beautiful sight.

4 Likes