What's in the box!

Nice, what serial number is this? I heard the first V4 out in the wild already so curious if you are number 2.

1 Like

I’ll check it out when I get home but I’m hoping I’m number four as that’s my lucky number.

Congrats! So you have a Nautilus and a Stratus now, is that right?

1 Like

Yes, i sold my gotl and Zana Deux to pay for the Stratus.

2 Likes

Congrats @Earmuffs , looking forward to hear your thoughts on the 2 amps.

2 Likes

Congrats, she’s a beauty! :star_struck: I look forward to your review & impressions.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Also I wanted to correct one thing. I initially stated my wait time was 6 months but someone just pm’d me asking how long my wait was so I pulled up my emails and was amazed that it was much longer than 6 months as I was on the waitlist since last October. Almost a year!! Wow, time flies by.

3 Likes

Congratulations. That is an impressive amp. Hope you have many happy listening hours to. that beauty. If you don’t mind–how long was the wait to get it?

Balanced cables and balanced to SE adapter from Pine Tree Audio. Relatively close to me (one state over) and very reasonable prices. Build quality looks solid. Will be getting an extended audition

15 Likes

That adapter is really interesting. I might order one myself, to simplify my setup, so that I can go from the Yggy’s balanced outputs to my 1:3 XLR switch, which would feed all my amps (with the converter between the XLR switch and my single ended Pendant).

@jthvac already knows this, but for anyone who looks at Pine Tree’s website, think about the “flow” of the signal before you buy. The adapter is listed as a single ended (source) to balanced (target) adapter, which is the opposite of what I would like. However, after I emailed them, they replied that they’re happy to make it balanced to single ended for the same price.

5 Likes

Yes, I asked the same question and they made it that way for me.
I’m running it from the balanced outs of my Spring 3 to the SE inputs on my Bigger Ben.
Sounds pretty freaking great!

3 Likes

So what serial number is it, don’t know if you posted it elsewhere?

AmpsandSound makes one of those as well. I plan on picking one of these up soon to go balanced from my Morpheus to single ended into my Pendant. The beauty of having the Morpheus is the built in preamp with lossless volume control to handle the hotter signal coming from my Morpheus’s balanced ports, which will give me more range on my Pendant’s pot. I have been planning this even before I had the Morpheus and Pendant, and that was one big factor in deciding to go with the Morpheus. Also, I like the idea of using the same company that made the adapter and amp, so I plan to go with this one below.

4 Likes

I can’t argue with ampsandsound quality - I have 2 of their amps. And for those people who don’t have a DAC with a built in preamp, Justin also offers a XLR to RCA converter with volume control.

I’m going with Pine Tree partly based on price, but also to support another small business. Jessie, the owner, has been very responsive to my questions (often replying within minutes), and he’s come up with great suggestions to customize his product to fit my needs. In fact Jessie’s positive attitude reminds me of Justin.

I have the same issue as you, where my Yggy’s balanced outputs have twice the voltage of the SE. I don’t need adjustable volume, and after a quick discussion with Jessie, he is going to add a bypassable attenuator to his XLR to RCA converter, i.e. I can choose to pass through the full 4V or bring it down to a more manageable 2V.

6 Likes

Facebook Marketplace strikes again!

I’m really enjoying these.

14 Likes

Yeah, I wanted to support Justin, so I bought a Bigger Ben from him.

Someone I knew recommended Jesse at Pine Tree, and I decided to give him some business because

1. This niche stuff and cabling is pretty much all he does
  2. He’s a fellow New Englander and it’s nice to do business as locally as possible.
  3. Fitchburg MA isn’t a very affluent area, I’m sure he really appreciates the business.

I just bought another pair of cables from him, really pleased with the first purchase.

6 Likes

I bought tiny little Quarks. Cute things, and they sound pretty fine.

8 Likes

Helios loaner just came in. First impressions are excellent so far, I’ll be posting my impressions soon. But we’re off to a great start!

15 Likes

It’s nice to have options and especially a more affordable one. Thanks for sharing! I am gonna have a look at what Pine Tree has to offer.

1 Like

Is there a loaner tour for this thing?

I look forward to your impressions.

2 Likes