What's in the box!

And the only screws you need to remove are the two along the bottom of the plate. Screws near XLR or RCA connectors remain in place. Unless like me, you just undo screws, and THEN look to see if it was necessary.

5 Likes

The job isn’t done properly if you don’t have parts left over! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10 Likes

I ordered a Stellaris from Donald on June 10, 2021

420 days later, it is here, and my audio life will never be the same again…

Gather round, friends. Come see what Andris got for you…

Particularly because I am temporarily without my Utopia, I didn’t want to post any impressions. My main headphone is currently a HEDDphone I picked up used, and while I really like it, it’s no Utopia. As such, I didn’t expect to be blown away, but…

HO-
LEE-
SHI#

Donald North is a friggin GENIUS. Where is the noise floor!?!?!? WHERE, I SAY! THESE ARE TUBES DAMMIT! HOW!?!?

The clarity and detail are out of this world. It’s just… oh my god, it’s amazing.

That is all for now. I love you, Stellaris. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

47 Likes

Oh, and you all better believe this was song #1

11 Likes

OMG!!! That is fricken Awesome Andris!! Congratulations, super happy for you…and jealous!:laughing:

4 Likes

It’s big! It’s bad! It’s blue! :wink: :laughing:

Seriously, it’s a work of audio art, congrats! I’ll trade ya!

2 Likes

Congrats. Sans Utopia is a self imposed delayed gratification of sorts.

I can think of another Tom Petty jam.

Enjoy your blue beauty.

4 Likes

Congrats Andris!

21774c49405bbaf6b2255da1a74bdfa7

4 Likes

Thanks, @Audiophool! I’m so so pumped.

Thanks! :smiley:

Amazing suggestion. Listening to it right now. This will shock you, but sounds amazing.

:notes: You don’t know how it feels. You don’t know how it feeeeeeels…

Thanks, @jthvac!!! I feel super lucky.

5 Likes

Many fun days and nights ahead! Congrats on the endgame amp!

3 Likes

Whoah.

While I know very little about tube amps and even less about that particular brand, congratulations! From what I can tell from your pictures, it seems like a well thought out piece of equipment and I like the attention to detail shown by various little things.

But most importantly, I’m really glad you’re enjoying listening to music with it!

Regards,
Vic

5 Likes

Enjoy man! That is one heck of a cool set up. Looks awesome also.

4 Likes

I love it when designers nail the form AND function part. Seems like it sounds as sexy as it looks! Congrats on a fantastic addition to your setup.

3 Likes

Thanks, @raindownthunda. Definitely done with this one :slight_smile:

Thanks, @xiaoyaoyou. Donald North Audio is a very small operation, but boy are the amps something special. Up and down the line, really great value. You’ll have to email the owner for specifics (or poke around on forum threads for his amps), but if you’re considering a tube amp, Starlett, Stratus, or Stellaris are worthwhile to have on your list.

Thanks, @ufospls2! I feel like I’ve stumbled my way into a neat setup!

Sounds better than it looks! And thank you!

5 Likes

12 Likes

6 Likes

Hey man. That is really something. I’m incredibly happy for you. The design and build look really first rate. :slight_smile:

I guess it is holographic tube time imaging. I’ll let you be. :relaxed:

2 Likes

I thought I’d have a little fun with scale today, and show another chair, a forum tradition. These rockers are about 100 years old, and were made as trade goods by Indians living in Tioga county PA and north into NY State. This pair of children’s rockers sat on my Grandma-in-Law’s covered porch for as long as I can remember. Family says they were bought in the mid 1920’s for my Father-in-Law and his sister.

They make the Sabaj DAC/AMP look huge. But it’s about the size of a Bifrost 2.

18 Likes

Nice kit, nice listening chairs too!

3 Likes

Yep Yep Yep.

Already tube rolled I see.

Welcome to the club!

3 Likes