This thread started from another where users were showing off their custom cables. It is fairly difficult to find good resources for a fair price online when building custom cable solutions. I have found luck at the places I have listed below. Please post your favorite places to buy individual parts for building custom headphone cables (Connectors, cables, Splitter, etc.).
- Amazon Neutrik Connectors: can’t beat Amazon for their shipping and reliability. The Neutrik connectors are Prime eligible and fairly inexpensive. Not the highest of quality or best looking but they are very easy to solder and work with. Perfect for beginners.
- AV Outlet ViaBlue Connectors: These are high quality connectors at a reasonable price. If you buy in larger quantities the shipping costs are more reasonable.
- Eidolic Connectors: Great looking and high quality. Expensive and there is a minimum purchase for shipping. Does anyone have a better place to buy these?
- AV Outlet Viablue Splitter: These are very good looking splitters made of alminum
- Eidolic Splitters: High quality aluminum and carbon fiber splitters. Expensive and there is a minimum purchase for shipping. Does anyone have a better place to buy these?
- Mogami 2582: Very good cable with shielding. I found it here at Redco Audio, and sometimes you can find it in smaller quantities for cheaper on Ebay
- Paracord: Very easy to use and cheap. I recommend the 275 paracord (3/32 diameter). Using this to individual wrap your cables and then braid together.
- Mod-One MDPC-X: Very good looking cable sleeving and easy to apply. Bit more expensive than the Paracord. The medium cable sleeving will fit a full non separated Mogami 2582 with shielding. The smaller version is good for individual wire strands but offers less shielding. Not good for analog applications.