[WTS] SPL Phonitor XE Headphone Amplifier with DAC 768

Price: $2100 + 35 Shipping
Currency: USD
Ships to: CONUS Only

This SPL Phonitor XE Headphone Amp is in excellent condition and sounds fantastic. This unit has the optional $800 DAC upgrade making it the flagship headphone amp in the SPL lineup. New these sell for $2999.99
Excellent condition Phonitor XE. I’m the first owner and have had it for roughly 6 months. In perfect working condition. This model has the new DAC 768 board in it. Wonderful headamp, but I’m just not using it as much as I should and to warrant keeping it in the rack. You’re gonna love this addition to your setup!!

1 Like

Do you have any experience with how it drives the HD 800S? I am interested.

Hi Doc!
Unfortunately I don’t. I only have a set of Verite Closed, and used to have a pair of HEDDphones. Not sure if that information will be helpful to you though. It drove/drives both of those fine and I never made it way up on the dial. There’s also a dip switch on the bottom that can turn up the output as well I think.

Bob,
Thanks for your reply. The reviews that I have read love it. Let me talk to my money source and get back to you late in the afternoon. I have a Qutest and anticipate that I will like it better than the onboard DAC, but you never know until you hear it.
Later,
Doc

I’m using a Phonitor e (basically the same amplifier section) with the HD800S and I think it’s a great combo.

Great! Thanks for your input on this.

It’s a wonderful piece of gear, sounds fantastic. I think you’ll be really happy with it!

I was not immediately aware that the se version did not have a preamp or a passthrough for powered loudspeakers. I am going to have to find a Phonitor x. I apologize if I misled you. I certainly did not mean to. All the best moving your amp!

1 Like

No worries bud! Good luck with your search.

Bump with price drop

SOLD

24 Characters

kjenfrjheqnrfhjkqen