ZMF Atrium

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Merbach @zach915m ,

Thank you for your message.

Actually, your German dealer is a very, very reliable and valued business partner who has already provided me with some “exotic” headphones and in-ear models.

The reason why I order some of my headphones from this experienced dealer is the handling of import duties, warranty services and the fact that as a major customer there are various advantages when it comes to procuring spare parts and guaranteed returns.

It makes dealing with such problems a lot easier for me.

I’m sorry if I’ve upset you with my comments. :pray:

I was, and still am, very excited about the Atrium headphones and just hope that deal still goes through. Especially in my selected type of wood.

2 Likes

Great! If you indeed ordered an Aged Cherry set - yours should be going along with that order the German dealer placed on June 19th which we fulfill as promised (to the dealer) within 30-60 days. Any further info you’ll have to get directly from them. Thank you!

Also you stated: “I’m a little disappointed by ZMF in terms of the reliability of delivery.”

I am just responding to this since you mentioned it, we take delivery time very seriously and customer satisfaction. Unfortunately in this case you are the customer dealing with the dealer and not us. Our reliability is to the dealer only, since we don’t triangulate dealer orders as if they were directly from us. Hope that makes sense.

PS - I saw you ordered in March - which is a little odd, since the Atrium wasn’t released to the public until April 1st.

5 Likes

Well I guess I will have to have a couple talks with “The Headphone Company” as they neither should have allowed you to order that soon, nor should you have been waiting this long. I’m sorry your dealer let you down like this. We will ask them to do better.

Again I want to reiterate, they are a separate entity than us, and this activity does not qualify under the category of them being reliable. They are a good partner to us, and we will work together to make sure future instances do not take place.

9 Likes

Hello Zach, hello Bevin!

I would like to

—— apologize in all forms —— :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

that I suspected the error of a pending delivery of an “Aged Cherry” headphone with you.

An hour ago I spoke to Thomas from https://headphonecompany.com/ and he explained to me the error sources that happened on his side and apologized to me for this unfortunate situation.

First of all, I have to say that I am still very much looking forward to the Atrium. Because high-quality biocellulose drivers hit my acoustic G-spot, so to speak :smiling_face:

That’s why, when I ordered the Atrium and when Zach announced that the Closed-Back version of the Atrium would see the light of day later in the year, I decided to order the first LTD version that would be released, ——-„blind“——- as well.

So Zach, Bevin, as soon as these headphones come out, you can immediately send a LTD version of this to Thomas, noting that it’s for me, he’ll know and then send ist forward to me right away :person_shrugging: :wink: .

(actually I mean it seriously) :bangbang:

Because Thomas is my man for headphones and in-ears in Germany and all of Europe, especially some of the US-Models that are otherwise really not easy to organize here in Germany.

For example:

or:

and more in the pipeline!

So far I had had very good experiences with him and that will not really change in the future.

Mistakes are human, and if we can fix them quickly, we all learn from them.

I’ll try to raise less dust in the future. Apologies to everyone involved!

7 Likes

You have a lot of patience. I am really happy that I do not have to order from Thomas. I don’t need any ‘stories’ with my ($3000) headphones, just the headphones in a timely manner please.

5 Likes

Back in this post, I said I’d be jumping on a set of Atrium when I saw a set I couldn’t resist aesthetically (as I’ve never been anything less than delighted with the way ZMF headphones sound).

Well, today was the day (I had, of course, taken a good look at the pre-release images), and it was clear I was going to be spoiled for choice this morning.

First choice in the stabilized was the “Nuotare”, second was “Paradox”, then it was a toss-up between “Fogo” and “Baignade” - and it was the “Baignade” that I went with (partly because my first two choices had already sold anyway):

The Macassar Ebony (Atrium 7) was very tempting, so was the Cocobolo, but I figured if I’m doing Cocobolo I want them to be as close a match to my Cocobolo Vérité LTD as possible - which means being able to compare them - so I’ll do that in the used market.

31 Likes

Congrats! Those were my favorite pair on offer. I wasn’t in the market this go round, but if I had been, these are the ones I would have been trying to snag!

I was also heavily tempted my the Ebony #3 Verite Closed. Thankfully I managed to maintain my self control this morning.

5 Likes

Gorgeous! I’m sure there are some happy campers today :sunglasses: :+1:

It’s so tempting to get one today, but I already have a Verite African Blackwood/copper, and Atrium aged Cherry/copper :laughing:

There’s still some left!

1 Like

Tried my best to resist, but I knew I would be jumping into the Atrium pool at some point. I may have to make some room now, though, as I couldn’t resist the lure of Ebony:

28 Likes

Absolute beauties! Incredible works of art!
Atrium continues to blow my mind!

1 Like

Nice, resistance is futile!

I’m listening to mine right now :+1:

Got my order in today too, very excited!

29 Likes

Is that the one you ordered?

Oh my what a stunning set of headphones. I love the colour blue.

1 Like

Those are incredible! I wasn’t in the market because I already own a pair of Aged Cherry / Aged Copper Atrium, but those are my favorite of all the Hot Cup Summer headphones!

2 Likes

I was lucky enough to get the Paradox Atrium which was my #1 choice. Other options I was interested in were Eila and Baignade. This will be my first pair of ZMFs, and I can’t wait for them to arrive. Skedra mentioned making a paradox themed cable so will probably be going for that as well.

25 Likes

Those are unbelievably beautiful. Congrats!

1 Like

IMHO this is the prettiest example of a headphone that starts out gorgeous, no matter what wood is used, because of that beautiful screen.

The blue-tinted wood + SS hardware just destroy me…

I think you made a wise choice…

4 Likes

That’s a beautiful set. Funny how your original comment was looking for “orange or red” and you ended up with something totally different, yet still dashing. Reminds me of how I was deadset on a purple stabilized VC and ended up with a green set that I wouldn’t trade for anything. :grin:

2 Likes

Almost feel like they should have called that Mardi Gras, but Paradox is such a cool name. Everything about that set is stunning. :slight_smile:

2 Likes