ZMF Vérité C - Closed-Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

Did you find any differences between the auteur lambskin and auteur hybrid pads?

If you had already mentioned it in the review, I apologize in advance. Keeping track of the pads can be a little intimidating. haha

I get the feeling that the Stellia are easier to drive? They are louder out of my laptop.

Are the Stellia and VC different enough to justify having both?

Is there enough difference between the VC and VO to justify having them both.

The stabilised wood versions are nothing less than art, much like some of my guitars.

Zach and his team are doing great work - they sound great and look amazing.

1 Like

Yes, the Stellia can be driven by pretty much anything, including your phone. So I recently took it on vacation with me for that reason.

I’ll let others chip in here since I haven’t heard a VC but it does seem that most forum members own one or the other. If I had the cash, I suppose I would buy a VC in a fancy wood just because, without the grille, it shows the wood finish off so much better.

The Stellia definitely have that flexibility going for them in addition to the sound.

Many seem to say how close the VC sound to the VO. That would make it a bit harder to justify getting the VC when I already have the VO, although there’s nothing to say that purchases need to be justified… :rofl:

2 Likes

I have both the VO and VC. Not because of differences, but because when I can’t use open headphones there is a closed alternative that is very similar in sound. I do think the VO sounds a bit more open and breathes like an open set does, closed headphones build up more of a pressure. I use the open ones when I can, and the closed ones when I have to.

5 Likes

Which has more sparkle VO or VC?

2 Likes

VC has more treble energy

3 Likes

I seem to recall the VO seemed brighter, but frankly it depends on the pads you use.

3 Likes

I saw a thread “Somewhere” comparing the different pad on these headphones. He had made a lot of measurements and graphs showing the frequency response of each and how they compared.
Can anyone help me locate that post again?
Thanks

@Resolve did a VO pad comparison with measurement and @antdroid has some in the VO post as well. I will link that but I doubt the relevance to the VC, so probably not helpful.

1 Like

Wow, those stabilized sets went quick!! As expected haha

1 Like

No, Zach had to pull it because the cart was allowing double purchases of the same item

They took the page down to fix it as it was allowing people to order the same set if they did so within a few seconds of each other.

Just like we double posted!

2 Likes

Stabilized aeolus page is up tho…

1 Like

Before he took it all down most of them were gone too. Glad these were popular and look forward to more being made!

Also how did you know he pulled it? Did he post somewhere about it?

On head-fi is where I saw it

1 Like

I hope nobody took the one I wanted!

1 Like

I took the Blush Bhatik, unless someone else bought it too a few seconds ahead of me I guess.

5 Likes

Well, that was my second choice! lol

Congrats!

1 Like