ZMF Vérité C - Closed-Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

I kinda prefer the regular wood too.

5 Likes

Agreed. I think Zach has the finishing dialed in.

4 Likes

These are really cool. I just don’t know if I’d like it long term as much as a regular grain. We’ll see what pops up. The zmf team always seems to surprise me/us.

1 Like

I’m very interested in seeing a Bubinga or other noncamphor Burl LTDs. Any type of wood that has a very gnarly design character to it pretty much.

@Rhodey sky is the limit for the future of ZMF.
Can’t wait to see what they do down the line with other creative ideas with wood or other models.

2 Likes

Nice review! Headphones are gorgeous.

Btw, what is your take on vc vs stellia?

2 Likes

Really great review @Chrono. An all round excellent read. I can see the amount of time and effort that went into it.

4 Likes

Thanks for checking it out, and for the feedback. I really appreciate it!

3 Likes

Here’s something funny I got a cop haircut and the bass improved, much stronger guess better seal.

3 Likes

What wood is the closed? Looking to pick one up and just getting some ideas.

1 Like

That’s a really tough question, they’re both fantastic headphones. I think if you are looking for the more “neutral” sounding headphone, and you value a more open and airy sounding closed-back, then I think that the Vérité Closed would be more suitable for you. On the other hand, the Stellia is a great option if you prefer a warmer sound signature and the added portability from its smaller footprint is beneficial to you.

Aside from their spatial qualities (soundstage, imaging) where the I do think that Vérité Closed does outperform the Stellia, there’s pretty much nothing splitting the two, really, in terms of technical performance. Also worth mentioning that I personally found the Vérité Closed to be significantly more comfortable; although the Stellia is still a pretty easy wear.

4 Likes

Thanks for the response! Man, such a hard decision! lol

Does the Stellia slam a bit harder than the VC in the bass department?

With the Auteur pads, the VC doesn’t slam as hard as the Stellia—but only by a bit.

With the Universe Pads the VC hits quite a bit harder in the bass as a result of the added mid-bass punch.

4 Likes

I’ve just purchased the Focal Stellia and ZMF Verite Open and the Stellia have more clamping force, although I expect that will diminish a bit over time. The Verite are more comfortable out of the box and easily adjusted. That isn’t to say that the Stellia are uncomfortable.

I haven’t mentioned sound as I have the open and you were asking about closed.

1 Like

Yeah those two specifically are on my radar but it’s good to know about the comfort. Thanks!

If they are anything like the Utopia, the clamping force does ease a bit over time.

Even after the clamp force diminishing a bit I think the Verite will still be more comfortable.

I expect that to be true. The Verite really are exceptionally comfortable. I am enjoying my Stellia a lot but I can see a VC in my future…

2 Likes

Since you own both the Stellia and VO, which one do you prefer?

1 Like

Caribbean Rosewood is a favorite of mine.

1 Like

It’s a bit early to have formed an opinion as I got the VO on Monday and the Stellia today, so they are both fresh out of the box.

There are differences in the sound but I don’t know if I should expect any ‘burn-in’ changes to the sound and I need to listen for far longer in order to determine the differences, some of which will probably be down to one being (semi) closed back and other being open.

Initial thoughts are that the Verite are likely to be easier to listen to for longer periods but the Stellia do have a good soundstage, excellent detail retrieval and have already made me smile while listening to some music that I know very well. I’m listening to some Johnny Cash and his voice comes through wonderfully and feels very ‘live’.

While listening to the Verite yesterday I didn’t disconnect them and switch to the speakers like I usually do when my girlfriend goes out.

9 Likes

I know you weren’t comparing amps but did you have any preference between the A90 and Element II? I’m running the VC off the Element II myself currently and have no qualms other than I’m just much more into XLR connections than 1/4 inch jacks.

1 Like