ZMF Vérité - Open-Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

I do, indeed, have a WA234 Mk.II MONO … :wink:

My reviews, at least of late, don’t tend to focus on specific observations with amp A vs. amp B and, instead, relay my overall experience across the sources, and amps, listed here.

This is because most people won’t have the exact same equipment I do, much less the same overall configuration, and the aggregate impression is more universally applicable than the specific.

I could, for sure, describe how I found the Pheasantwood Vérité with any of the various 300B, 2A3 or 45 series tubes I have. But what I’d find with my original/NOS WE300B sets vs. someone with a pair of current production Sophia Electric Princess 300B (my favorite for pictures, if not for listening) is going to to be rather different experience.

I will say that the Vérité are fully reflective of upstream improvements. When listening for pleasure, I absolutely swap in my best tubes with them. But … the fundamental character of the Vérité themselves didn’t change, they just let the upstream changes show through.

Here’s a shot of my WA234 with the Sophia Electric tubes installed, as part of my Stellia review:

The Sophia Electric (punched-plate) are the most visibly-“glowy” and prettiest tubes I’ve found in 300B configuration. Well, short of thoriated Elrogs … but those didn’t tend to last very long.

The Takatsuki 300B and actual, original, WE300B are quite dull and boring looking in comparison, even when photographed in the dark. I’m looking forward to seeing the new-production WE300B too (pre-order in since day 1).

8 Likes