ZMF Vérité - Open-Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

Thank you for the elaboration, and does not sound odd at all having your two channel be the force to change it up.

I had Chord Mojo and an older hybrid amp from Musical Fidelity, they did a decent job of elevating the Verite yet I felt something was lacking. I had the opportunity to try out a DNA Starlett, which if you is a SET tube amp for $2k. It had such a profound effect on the Verite, and this was my first tube amp I was able to use on these headphones. I placed an order for its big brother the Stratus, during the wait for that amp I explored the OTL world through the tubes of a Woo WA-3 to keep my tube lust at bay. It was a different experience for sure as the sound from an OTL felt a bit less controlled vs the SET amp.

I also picked up the TT2/HMS stack to primary use as an upgrade to my DAC, I already had a nice solid state to drive the Verite (Bryston BHA-1) The amp section of the TT2 is quite good, a pleasant surprise as it was enjoyable and a good complement to my tube amp. Its small form factor, and the quality of its amp allows me to pack it in a Pelican case for travel. Lugging around a 40 pound tube amp is not as convenient…

10 Likes