First and foremost, sorry for not answering the specific questions but this is more based on similarity to the T2 than specific use or genre.
I purchased the Tin T2 a few months ago and while all my IEM’s are sub 50€, I was very pleasantly suprised by the T2 and it quickly became my favourite. It has also led me to use IEM’s more of the time recently, not just when I am out walking etc. but also in the office as it is now close to 40ºC every day and IEM’s allow my ears to “breathe”.
Anyway, I have a few IEMs that have built up and this last week I was starting to actually put reviews together for them, my main comparisons being always to the Tin T2. Although I have liked some of the others, none quite clicked like the T2.
The other day I was listening to them and took them out to talk briefly to my brother (we work in the same office) and was actually telling him how much I lked them. When I put them back in, the R side was only distorting and a lot lower in volume. I quickly checked the cable, connections, swapped sides etc. but alas, it is dead.
Here is the measurement:
I have contacted the seller and they asked me to send a video showing the issue (it is rather difficult to record a video showing the sound of an IEM!) so I sent them a short video, an audio recording and the graph above. They have not yet given me an answer as it is the weekend.
Anyway, I digress…
If the seller doesn’t replace them, then I will surely order another set anyway as so far they are the <50€ IEM to beat (in my opinion). However, this got me thinking about the use I am giving IEM’s lately and maybe it would be worth investing a little more in a “Main use” pair. I don’t think it would be fair to take a 200€ IEM and use it as the comparison for the <50€ reviews but that is another story.
So, as I know you have all had much more experience with IEM’s than me, setting a budget of $200/200€ and basing the purchase on the fact that I liked the T2 signature, do you feel that the Kanas Pro are still the best option in this price range?
I have resisted buying the Kanas Pro until now because I don’t really like the shiny silver finish but, as pointed out in another thread, I could probably do something to hide the shinyness. (I also have a set of ZS10 pro on their way which look like they are just as shiny! )
As some quick reference points:
- I like clarity and detail, without excessive treble. I also like my bass to be clear and present but not overpowering. Think along the sound of the DT1990 but without the 8k peak (I know, I know, apples to oranges!)
- I use NewBee foam tips (M or L depending on the IEM), almost exclusively, I don’t like silicone tips.
- I prefer over ear cabling.
-Tin T2 is my favourite sounding IEM so far. I also find it very comfortable (wearing it cable up without swapping L&R)
- KZ ATE is still one the most comfortable IEMs I own, although the KZ ZSN is also comfortable.
- The Senfer DT6 is something that I just can’t find a good seal and comfort with. Same goes for other similar shaped IEMs
- I will mostly use this with a DAP (Shanling M0 and another that I haven’t decided yet, between Cayin N3 and Shanling M2X) although I do use a Topping NX4 DSD regularly as well.
So… sorry for the wall of text that will probably just end up with a single answer “Yes, the Kanas are the best option”