About the All Things Music category

In here you’re free and open to talk about all things music

In the end, music is what really brought us all to audio world. Whether, it be headphones or otherwise, the strive to get that perfect sound out of your music is what its all about!

2 Likes

Which genre of music made you obsess over headphones / earphones / sound quality?

I am in a minority here but away I go. I actually believe composers as Mahler and Bruckner are great for headphone or over the ear earphones but only if they are great sounding ones. I can hear all of the instruments of the orchestra and distinguish one from another easily and clearly. I live in lower Manhattan on the 20th floor so sometimes it is vital to use headphones for music. I expect to get some feedback about this but I have been a music lover for 50 years so go right ahead.
JRJ

I love acoustic music of any genre really. Especially guitar centered stuff. I like to hear the pluck of the strings and the fingers moving over them. It tickles my soul to listen to really well mastered music. A bit of a naff way to say it but music can be a really moving experience for me and with good headphones/iem’s I feel closer to the musician. I don’t recall listening to these composers but I will certainly give them a try.

1 Like

SONG TITLE CHALLENGE
This morning I thought of a playlist consisting of songs that are titled just by names. That was too easy.
Alley Oop … Jolene … Elvira … Barbara Ann … and so forth.

Then I came up with a better project. Song lists of songs titled by the SAME name. Here are the rules:

1. No - non-names in the song “A Boy Named Sue” is out
  2. Name duplication is allowed
  3. Please give enough info after the name to identify the song
  4. All instrumentals are OUT
  5. Foreign Language OK, but the name must be clear

Here is a starter that came to mind:
MARIA SONG LIST

1. Maria - From West Side Story
  2. Maria - From the Sound of Music
  3. Maria Maria - Santana

The winner will have the best list. You are free to add to an existing list. e.g. Maria - by Hwa Sa to the Maria list.
MARIA SONG LIST

1. Maria - From West Side Story
  2. Maria - From the Sound of Music
  3. Maria Maria - Santana
  4. Maria - by Hwa Sa

Prizes will be conceptual only. Void where prohibited by law. Contents of list may have settled during shipping. Contestants must be 14 years or older. Not available in sectors R or N after midnight. Not affiliated with Medicare. Modifications to equipment may void warranty. Do not immerse in milk.