Tell me you are an audiophile (headphile) without saying you are an audiophile

1)-I spend more time thinking about music than I do about my fiancé. :joy:

2)- I own tons of gear but can’t save up enough money to buy a car. :joy:

3)- the amount of gear I have is the exact amount of my credit debt. :man_facepalming:

9 Likes

I have opinions about the impact of headphone wood cup material on sound decay.

I enjoy the glow of tubes in the dark and a tasty beverage while listening to whole albums with the lights off.

7 Likes

I think of any headphone under $1,000 as “entry level”.

If you want to know my favorite song I’m going to need you to specify genre and era.

I own over a thousand records and I still buy more every month.

6 Likes

I like music, I want to hear deeper into it. And I’m always curious about what ‘better’ sounds like.
Even if I don’t spend nearly as much money on gear as I wish my family would let me.

Guttenberg defined this as ‘you care about music and how it sounds’ as the only criteria. Like that.

5 Likes

I’m the only one at the coffee shop without Bluetooth headphones

15 Likes

I once had some earpods that came with an iPod nano…

I literally placed it on the cement ground and stomped on them until they were crushed! :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve had more than one dream involving headphones lately.

5 Likes

I know MQA exists

I know IEMs exist

I know Diana Krall exists

7 Likes

Haha this is me :joy:

Sometimes I look at my fiancé’s ring and think damn I would have a Susvara in my main rig already.

1. Listening to a specific track and analyzing it to death until you hate it.
  2. Checking the classifieds for gear daily… Okay more than once a day lol
  3. Getting caught way to often with your eyes shut in full meditation mode.
6 Likes

Haha, good one with the Diana Krall part!

2 Likes

Staying up until 2am to check daily email notifications from hifishark.com when I should be sleeping hours ago.

6 Likes

That’s what I was about to say.

My headphones have wires :slight_smile:

4 Likes

17 Likes

For real though, this is totally happening to me. I noticed it this week because I’m past due for a haircut. Even when I haven’t listened to headphones all day, my hair is just starting to grow with a flat strip across the top. lol

2 Likes

You have to start using volume shampoo. Think of it as an EQ for hair. :+1:

5 Likes

I’d like to slightly modify that: if you want to know my favourite song, please specify the source (vinyl, tape, cd, …)

3 Likes

…the pressing and mastering date and whether its heavyweight vinyl and whether the records were stored vertically or flat and and and…

4 Likes

That dip in the mids is a problem. This head doesn’t need much more treble extension or else you’d look like Morrissey.

3 Likes

After hearing the British pressing, what I thought was an out-of-tune snare over on the right side, was actually the drummer beating a cardboard box; I’m keeping these wires!

4 Likes