About the Troubleshooting Help category

The Troubleshooting Help category is all about helping fellow enthusiasts and new users.

This is the place to ask for help if you have issues getting started with your brand new purchase or otherwise!

Simple rules:

1. Be respectful to others. What may be obvious to you may not be obvious to others.

2. Understand that not every question will be answered. Unfortunately sometimes the question just can’t be answered or the answers can’t be found here.

3. If someone offers a solution that works for you, please make sure to let them know by liking their comment and replying to it. This way, the solution can find its way to the top of the thread for others that may have the same question.

1 Like

How do I create a post? I need help with my headphones, and the manufacturer cannot help much.

1 Like

Did you get an answer? I have the same problem.

How do I create a post?

If you mean a thread/topic, you have to participate here a while before you’re able to do that.

General Troubleshooting Help Requests

I don’t see any reason that general troubleshooting help requests shouldn’t just append here. So here goes.

Connectors

I have an adapter for a 1/4 inch TRS to 1/8 inch - or if you prefer the 6.35mm to 3.5mm TRS plug. Two of them. And my iFi xDSD has the 3.5 or mini plug. I used to like them.

But I get some bits of static and disconnects as movement of the headphone cable puts tiny stresses on the cable. I’ve ordered an adapter that has a short wire length hoping that that will reduce the stresses relative to what is now about 4 inches of plug going into a small hole. (stop thinking dirty, guys).

Should I squirt some electrical cleaner in? Would lubrication help? I guess I could order a new headphone cable with the proper termination. I’ve not had the noise issue with the iFi xDSD except when using an adapter. Pulling the adapter out just a hair improves it.
Thoughts?

1 Like

I just signed up and trying to post a question in troubleshooting but i have no clue how to start a new topic.

You can’t start new topics/threads until you’ve participated on the site for a couple of weeks. You can ask your question in the general questions or general buying advice threads until then.