Announcing the *new* HEADPHONE Community Preview Program

Is this still available? Who should we contact for signing up to do a review?

1 Like
1 Like

I’ll be setting up the HEDDPHONE and Empyrean tours soon. Currently active is the ODIN x HERO tour

1 Like

Crap. I was interested in working through the budget gear and mid tier.

2 Likes

Is there any limitation in the US on shipping, its a long way from WA to FL unless its air shipped. And does the 3 days including the shipping duration ?

No shipping doesn’t count against the time :grinning:

Thank you for the response :+1:

1 Like

Florida is almost Spain, does that count? :wink:

2 Likes

LOL, well it could, we do have 5 million living here And Juan Ponce de León in 1513 landed around 20 miles north of my Fl home.

1 Like

Idea is great, hope it will help the community to address all their needs

1 Like

Where are the signup questionnaire(s)? Do you send equipment to cranky people?

8 Likes

What about cranky and old people ? :grin:

5 Likes

Great opportunity here I would eventually like to participate in. Thanks!

1 Like

How do you achieve Trust Level 2? How do you know if a review or an impressions post counts towards this program? (Like if I post my impressions on something on an official thread or whatever, how do you know I’ve done it for the purposes of applying to the program?)

By being an active member in the community.

That means visiting the site regularly over a period of time and while doing so being a participant in multiple topics (reader and poster), including interactions with other members (them liking your posts, and you others).

We don’t call out the specific numbers for each, generally, as that just encourages gaming the system. It’s preferable to have people involved that participate organically, rather than as some sort of goal.

What does NOT make any difference to when trust levels change are things like raw post count (post count is only a factor to a certain point, so just making lots of posts won’t do it), starting topics (in fact you don’t need to start any).

They pretty much all do - unless they’re so short or information-free that they convey no specifics/value to a reader (e.g. reposting a page of product blurb and adding two sentences about it isn’t going to do it).

If you reach the appropriate trust level, and want to participate in loaner programs/tours, then when you ask to participate you might get asked to provide a link to one of your impression or review posts - if the moderators aren’t already aware of it.

7 Likes

If there is ever a tour of headphone gear under $1500 I would like to participate. I am not interested in too much headphone gear beyond that price except for the Susvara. I am not interested in IEMs either. I am interested in headphones, amplifiers, and DACs.
I have about fifty under $1000 headphones and about fifty under $1200 headphone amplifiers that I have used in many of my posted photos here and on headfi that I can use with equipment that you want me to review. Most of my formal reviews were between 2003 and 2009 after which I went on hiatus when my daughter was born.
Thanks,
hottyson

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for. I generally like Audeze, but doing a review of the LCD-2 closed-back was so painful that I dragged my feet and made a general hash of it. If I had truly despised the darn things, I could have gathered enough vitriol to sustain life. But how do you review slightly poopy meh?

IF I’m ever trusted with a preview/review item again, I hope that it’s either good or bad. And either comfy or unwearable, and not just somewhat irritating.

6 Likes

Is there a major difference between an impressions post and a review? I tend to get long-winded when talking about something lol…so I was just wondering if an impressions post should be restrained!

2 Likes

Just go for it. Write whatever and however much you’d like, as long as it makes you happy, and you think it’s useful to people.

I don’t know if we have hard and fast rules. Some people write very structured reviews, others are a little more freestyle.

10 Likes

@PaisleyUnderground sounds good, thank you!

1 Like