Audeze - Official Thread

These don’t look to have the TOTL bling, here’s hoping they are more reasonably priced. Those pads look really interesting.

1 Like

This is some text that went with the pics from boombang. Looks like Audeze is or was looking at a redesign for the LCD series rather than a new headphone? Or maybe both?

An Unmatched Audio Experience​

For more than a decade, Audeze has been a world leader in headphone technology, producing a quality of sound that stands out to the most discerning audiophile, even among a growing list of competitors.

Audeze’s state-of-the-art planar magnetic transducer technology, combined with their proprietary Nano-Scale Uniforce diaphragm and Double Fluxor™ magnet array, achieves an unprecedented level of audio detail and immersion that has to be heard to be believed.

The only thing missing from the unmatched sound quality was a design expression that would help evolve the brand’s pedigree. Audeze turned to Boombang to help them take on the challenge.

Listen in Luxury​

Specifically, Audeze was looking to update the design of their flagship LCD line of headphones to create a lighter, more comfortable fit and incorporate more luxury stylings, all while maintaining the level of sound quality and engineering acumen they were known for.

Adding to our challenge: Audeze also wanted to make their high-end planar magnetic technology accessible to a wider audience. To accomplish this, we developed a diffusion design strategy that allowed us to create a product for the Audiophile, Pro-sumer, and casual consumer market.

Advanced Engineering Meets Hyper-Craft​

By introducing a mix of modern materials, streamlining the engineering and design processes, and enhancing Audeze’s acoustical systems, Boombang innovated new ways of harnessing their powerful technology to appeal to a variety of different—and potentially new—users.

The new LCD headphones are a unique combination of engineering and luxury-inspired finishes that don’t just maintain Audeze’s status in the world of high-end audio equipment but position them to be a leader in the industry for decades to come.

3 Likes

4 Likes

This does not look like any other headphone. It looks like a beautifully evolved Audeze LCD. Elegant, robust and purposeful at once.

5 Likes

This reads like a creative brief from an agency, not something written or reviewed by Audeze.

5 Likes

It is from an agency I think. From Boombang about their project with Audeze.

I don’t know how you can see if it’s been reviewed by Audeze or not though.

You can see the copy and the tone and language, it is an agency’s pitch, not something written or approved by Audeze. Audeze likely wouldn’t approve that copy from a marketing and brandkg perspective.

1 Like

Looks like an agency pitching what it did with Audeze, not pitching to Audeze.

It’s for sure nothing official from Audeze. Just for speculation.

1 Like

I don’t know what that headphone is, but if there is a new LCD5 it will be top I my list to hear at Can Jam.

5 Likes

:hushed:

7 Likes

I’m sorry but is it just me who’s living in the here and now of 09.17.21 and who still has 3 days to wait?

LOL if it’s a revised, improved, cheaper LCD-R.2

1 Like

I suspect it’s the LCD-5. If you look closely you can see other dates in the image: 10/02/09, 11/11/11, 10/05/15, which line up pretty well with the announcement dates of the LCD-2, LCD-3, & LCD-4 respectively

6 Likes

I suspect LCD-H series.

I was wondering what the significance of those dates were. Those alongside the caption of ‘the wait is over’ strongly suggest LCD-5 to me as well (what else could people actively be awaiting the release of?)

1 Like

If they nail the frequency response and it doesn’t require a nuclear reactor to drive it, this will be the win of the year (and quite possibly my next purchase).

Can they nail the frequency response, though? :thinking: They haven’t always been very good at that part.

3 Likes

Recent releases (2021 LCD-X/XC, CRBN) seem to have tuning that’s fairly normal so I think there’s a decent chance we get a reasonable, if not perfect, FR. Personally though I’m more hoping that they improve on weight and comfort as I EQ all my headphones to preference but I can’t EQ away a heckin chonker sitting on my head. I have a lot of love for Audeze though so I am hopeful that this will be a strong showing.

5 Likes

Getting to try this setup today.

This very well may be my favorite audio experience I’ve had. Tbh I realy dont like tge wa33 on litteraly everything else I’ve tried on it, but its just magical here.

10 Likes

LCD-5 tomorrow? That’s the rumor at least. The trend towards more headphones above $3K continues.

5 Likes

The market can support these prices and enough consumers can afford them. It’s no different than sports cars or super cars.

I can’t wait for lcd-5. This price tag is going to strain my budget, but I love Audeze.

8 Likes

I’m with you on the market, supporting a product like this. That said, I have a figure in my head that scares me, but I am going for it if it is close to what I’m thinking. :headphones: :hearts:

1 Like