Audeze - Official Thread

Audeze instagram account said it’s not a new version.

It says it’s not a new version…in reference to the lcd-x.

2 Likes

8 Likes

450gm $4500.00

6 Likes

4 Likes

I like the color of the cups. Marketing blurb and some specs here:

I really want to hear them as it seems some different directions from Audeze. Less weight (positive), smaller transducer (TBD), headband looks nicer, cups look like the HE-560, RAD-0, and Audeze had a genetically modified baby. I kinda like them but at the same time liked the design of the LCD line so a little ‘meh’ about a departure from that. Pads look comfy.

2 Likes

It looks like a HiFiMan made with better materials. That’s a good thing for HFM and a bad thing for Audeze. However, I’d written off the LCDs as uncomfortable. They may have had to change to broaden their appeal.

1 Like

We’ll see if the design more for mass appeal works. I’m often skeptical that it does at the very high end but we’ll see. Guess, at the end of the day, the sound will be what matters.

1 Like

I feel same. Look doesn’t wow me like lcd-4 did.

1 Like

Wow - it actually has ear gain straight out of the box; maybe a little too much, actually; better than none, though. The lower weight is a huge welcome, but I wonder how it’ll perform in the macrodynamic department considering the smaller transducer.

I’m very happy that Audeze listened to community feedback - hopefully it’s a success.

3 Likes

Another post: Audeze’s LCD-5s promise to set “a new standard” for headphone accuracy, but they’ll cost you $4,500 | MusicRadar

Site is live now: LCD-5 | Transparency, Resolution and Speed at only 420 grams.

1 Like

Yep. Ordered! Thank you sir!

2 Likes

Dedicated LCD-5 thread is here.

1 Like

Unless the new Audeeze is huge upgrade over the LCD-4z I wouldn’t bother. Spend little more and get Susvara will blow them away in every category I bet. It’s subjective but to me in this case it isn’t. Lol. I went to Susvara over The LCD-4Z while back. The LCD-4Z sound good overall but a few things annoyed me to no end. The design and way adjust is crazy and not comfortable to me. The bass while goes low ok is not punchy and tight. The midrange has unnatural accent to snare drums and rim shots. Loud crack that’s not right. I’m a drummer and I notice that stuff. Also highs are good but tad grainy to me and Susvara Better there too.

dude. we litteraly dont have subjective impressions yet besides judes mega quick review that didnt realy say much. Just wait a week for canjam or like 3 weeks at the latest for propper reviews to come out. I am guessing they wont trump sus in timbre but we genuinely just don’t know yet

10 Likes

Agree! If you haven’t heard them, comparing them to the LCD-4z and then saying the Sus are better seems like a serious stretch at best.

4 Likes

Ok well the original audeeze wasn’t better than the Susvara. The LCD-4z wasn’t. This 5 won’t be either I’d bet good money, but you have a Listen to both and tell me I’m wrong after. Lol