Biggest, Meanest, Nastiest, Most Irritating *EARWORM* of All Time

So, what is it? For some, it might be “Mambo #5” or “Baby Shark”. Possibly the theme song to "Welcome Back Kotter. “They’re Coming to Take Me Away (Ha-ha)” by Napoleon XIV also comes to mind.

So Post your candidates here! Preferably with Songwhip links. Can we create an earworm playlist?

6 Likes
3 Likes

What is she striding in? Maybe . . . boots?
No.

2 Likes

Might be controversial, but Macca’s Christmas song is grating to me. It’s like he’s trolling Christian’s. It not wonderful to me when I hear this play (and I LOVE Christmas). And I’m generally a fan. :man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

When my wife really wants to push my buttons, she’ll start singing this one …

… and just to maximize the wind-up factor … she’ll do it with an extra “mahna”, so the whole thing is off.

11 Likes

Grounds for divorce. Clearly.

LOL

4 Likes
6 Likes

Elbow or Wolf Parade? Either way not really an ear worm. :grin:

2 Likes

After a few decades, I’d more or less recovered from these two detestable, insufferable songs and then had the misfortune to hear them again while watching the tv show Derry Girls. They are, without a doubt, two of the most repugnant, offensive songs ever made, and what’s worse is that they’re all but impossible to get out of your head. (I won’t dignify these stains on humanity with a Songwhip link).

You’ll need a thorough cleanse after hearing them, so, to redeem myself (partially), here are a couple of pleasant earworms:

3 Likes

Perhaps an annoying video thread is in order. But not really ear worms for me. Not like the Disney “Siamese Cat Song”.

On my iPad it’s not as easy to make links.

3 Likes

Easily the most annoying video that I could not stop watching in weeks. I was unaware that Kim Jong Un almost made it as a pop star in his younger days at state propaganda school.

3 Likes

Yeah, I hear you - they’re not exactly the catchiest of songs. I was thinking in terms of music you can’t get out of your head. As for something nice and catchy, here’s an old beauty:

2 Likes

I confess I have initially misread the thread title. Even though I kind of nailed in my 1st suggestion, I missed the 2nd one (now deleted).

I’m sharing an example from a compatriot. I actually have many more, but would like to keep the list short. :rofl:

PS.: song title means “LPG is here” and it was a hit in :brazil: back in 2017.

From :india:, my favorite is this MJ’s plagiaristic video:

Very funny yet irritating. :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s world earworm. My Portuguesa is not good enough to get much of it, but it is hard to get out of your head, especially the first part.

2 Likes

… Summertime Lovin’?

2 Likes

Is it bad that I actually have fond memories of this and is part of an inside joke at my workplace?

2 Likes

:thinking: :roll_eyes: :frowning: :scream: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I just added all of these to my playlist.

3 Likes

This list pretty much does it for me , as my grandson loved the Crazy Frog" and played it all the time, drove us all, well !. .https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/gallery/the-most-annoying-songs-of-all-time/ss-BBa5e5r#image=1

And you’re beautiful, aaaahhhhh !
And my granddaughter carried around her little recorder playing ‘Vengaboys - We like to Party!’, I was ready after hearing these to go turn up **In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida - Iron Butterfly at max 10 and let my Parasound JC1 monos push all 800 watts into my Salons . Now as I write this, these songs are moving back into my head, holy crap memory cells are now in full swing. :tired_face:

3 Likes

Banana phone. Easily the longest a song has been stuck in my head.

2 Likes