Biggest, Meanest, Nastiest, Most Irritating *EARWORM* of All Time

I’m answering with songs that I didn’t like and never liked even after 100s of times hearing them on the radio. Despite hating them, I know every note because they were completely unavoidable for a long time. These all date to the 1990s or before because radio died and streaming/MP3s took over. People can now find what they want and avoid stuff they hate.

• Phil Collins Susidio
  • The Prince falsetto version of Kiss
  • Bette Midler Wind Beneath My Jeans

And the all time loser because it destroyed vocals forever after:

• Cher Believe and its AutoTuned horrors
4 Likes

Rick Astley “Never Gonna Give You Up”
Never Gonna Give You Up

6 Likes

My wife was a professional ballerina and has run ballet schools for the last 15 years. My daughter followed her into it and danced nearly every role in everyone’s “favorite” seasonal story ballet.

My answer: Any part of the @#$%^& Nutcracker!

5 Likes

While it’s not the video for the original song, this is the reason it gets stuck in my head

And lastly, for you Canadians out there who might remember this one.

4 Likes

:canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

Kinda remembered the characters then the song came on and yep…

EDIT: I was aware of the Friday song but never heard it till now… holy f**k what a gong show that is.

2 Likes

Now when I was a freshman, that album was most likely to be melted into an ashtray. There were at least 5 Iron Butterfly In-A-Gadda ashtrays on our floor. If someone actually tried to PLAY the damn thing, it would likely be removed, possibly with a tonearm and platter, in a violent (for potheads) maneuver, and start being heated and formed.

2 Likes

OMG, how could I forget that. I’d write Bananaphone on actual Bananas. And used it as a ringtone - mostly on other people’s phones before there was security.

1 Like
3 Likes

This.

I survived reading this whole thread until I got to this, and now I can’t get this ####ing song out of my head. It took me a decade to wipe all Stock Aitken Waterman songs from my memory by locking them away in a deep deep dungeon, and with one post, you’ve let them all out again.

Who’s idea was this thread?

5 Likes

:grimacing:

5 Likes

No, no, no, please god no, make it stop, please, please, please.

I’m curled up, sitting in the corner, hugging myself, rocking back and forth, whimpering, muttering gibberish, needing a straitjacket and once again suffering this:

4 Likes

WHYYYYY?! Why would you create this monstrosity of a topic? Have you no humanity?!

5 Likes

From OH:

4 Likes

Yes, yes earworms all. Falco - I used to play that on one of the last real jukeboxes in the local diner. Just because.

2 Likes

Before someone else post this… :point_down:

5 Likes

If I had to surmise who would create this topic without having seen the original post, I think I would have placed $$$ on it being @pennstac. Im not as aghast at it though.

I am considering posting my most brain bleeding songs but this tradition of posting links to them would mean I would actually possibly maybe have to listen to them voluntarily. It’s a conumdrum.

4 Likes

There’s a signed photo of Vanilla Ice in a great, old pizza joint here in NYC. I always crack up when I see it.

I was going to post Ace of Base but you beat me to it. Staying in Sweden we could probably fill up this thread with ABBA. Here’s an alternative to Ace of Base, albeit from England:

After this next post, I’ll stop polluting this thread

3 Likes

Yeah, some of these are just one-hit-wonders that had their day, and are still okay in my book. But, I don’t want to risk playing anything I haven’t heard already.

2 Likes

I feel like so many SunnyFM Classics fit this. I’ll let someone else link Christopher Cross or Shine Sweet Freedom shine your light on me. I think Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot is a good enough song not to post here.

And perhaps the worst song of all time

2 Likes

No, the worst is hands down MacArthur Park:

Someone left the cake out in the rain…and I’ll never have that recipe again…

1 Like