Current Set-Up Pics - Official Picture Thread

Sansui receiver?

Yup
1978 Sansui G-22000
(HiFiMAN HE-6 > speaker taps @ 8 ohms)

Can we get more pics of the emerald green th900? I just picked one up and it’s being shipped!

Here’s one for now …

They’re really hard to light/photograph in a manner that shows them off properly. They look MUCH better in person.

13 Likes

I can verify! They are a very handsome set! I’ve been looking at getting a pair myself, but with the CA Cascade, and X00 purple heart it makes for a tough sell

2 Likes

Sold my cascade to fund this purchase. I love the cascades sound sig so I’m hoping the th900 can best it!

1 Like

I enjoyed my listening experience with the TH900 mkII,
I did miss the mids from the Cascade. Honestly I wouldn’t put them in a comparison outside of bass, and even then they just present differently. Try to go in with a clean slate and try not to compare, especially if you no longer have the headphones you think you are comparing to. Most of all just enjoy your new beauty! Have fun, and practice safe listening lol

Thanks haha. My goal is having 2 headphones 1 open and 1 closed. Ultimately I prefer a warmish sound sig with elevated subbass and clear mids. But between open and closed I’m looking for:

Open: Airy, spacious, neutral/warm, smooth
Closed: Thumpy, fun. dynamic, warm

1 Like

I am blown away with the set-ups pictured here.

This is my current setup. Always subject to change at the " drop of a hat ".

IMG_0640

I apologize for my pork ohote in the dark which I would have loved for all to see the beauty of the tubes, especially the Princess

Loving this setup right now.

Woo Audio Stand, Audeze LCD 4s, Woo Wa6-SE 2nd Gen . Sophia Princess Rectifier , 13EM7 Tube With Adapter NOS, lots of nos driver tubes, Matrix X-Sabre Pro Dac

11 Likes

Very nice!

The WA6 and WA6-SE are probably Woo’s best-value amplifiers (and excellent performers to boot).

Which 13EM7 tubes did you go with? My big Woo amp uses the same signal tubes …

3 Likes

This is all they say: 13EM7 Tube With Adapter (New Old Stock In Pair)

• Matched pair with adapter

The boxes are certainly old looking, but the tubes only say made in USA . I really enjoy them compared stocks. Jack always seems to put junky stock tubes, but he’s pretty good with upgrades. I do have some better driver tubes, but these seem to be more detailed and bring more punch to the already outstanding bass in the LCD 4s.
Last but not least the Stock Rectifier is junk to me. The Sophia Princess makes all the difference in the world. I’m looking around for some of the Brimar rectifiers. They are said to be excellent (very subjective term).

Liquid Spark by Alex Cavalli and Monolith - with special guest Topping DX7 and Pete Millet Starving Student

P1020276 P1020282 P1020283

8 Likes

Sounds like an Ice cream sundae with toppings. :wink:

Very nice. Thanks

1 Like

Is that the preview unit from monolith? I’m looking forward to their THX amp for headphones. How does the Cavali sound?

Nope. It went on sale on Thursday and I ordered it then. Just came in this afternoon.

I was actually really wanting the Monolith Liquid Platinum tube amp.

I don’t know how to properly review amps but here’s my attempt to do an early impressions:

The Liquid Spark with it’s famed Cavalli magic manages to turn fire from a gaseous combustion of water, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and other natural elements into a liquid matter that electrifies the music coming out of my DX7 DAC. This budget amp is capable of turning simple lean acoustic tracks into a buttery smooth and warm (like toast) breakfast treat with the toaster spark that it energizes into the songs. There’s some hints of metallic shine, probably due to it’s anodized toaster-like spark, but given enough spark-in time, I imagine the sound will continue to warm into a solid latte-like liquid beverage.

Ya. In all seriousness, I have it sitting next to two other amps. The DX7 as a DAC/Amp combo is very analytical but due to its great extension, I find its a very good amp. The Liquid Spark has an slightly warmer and thicker sound to it but still retains good detail. Its more mid-focused than the Millet I have next to it. The Millet doesnt extend super deep but I like that it smooths out some of the treble from the DX7 for my two planars (HE560 and Sine). The Spark was a tad bright to start but (whether its burn in or brain-in) it’s starting to tame a bit.

I dont know if I really said much, but I’ve only listened for 2 hours so far using the Audeze Sine. Planning on bringing this into work to use.

4 Likes

Shelf done, can’t really see the purple heart color as good with the lighting and camera phone, but I like it much better than the cheap sheet metal that was there before.

12 Likes

My current setup is:
Headphones: ZMF Classic, AKG K275, Sennheiser HD600, Marantz Pro MPH-2, Hifiman HE-560, Hifiman HE-4xx, MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open
DAC/Amps: Cavalli Tube Hybrid, Cavalli Liquid Carbon X, Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 788, Geshelli Labs Enog2 Pro, Geshelli Labs Archel Pro, APPJ PA1502A, Aune X7s, Aune X1s
Misc: Gustard U12

15 Likes

Nice set up!

1 Like

Thank you :grin:I enjoy it very much.