Pictures of your portable rig

The other threads seem focused on full sized or 2 channel setups so I thought I’d start one for portable gear. Share away! My current setup is a Cayin N6ii and Campfire Solaris.

11 Likes

I have two, at the moment, and which unit I take depends on what I’m doing/where I’m going and usually who I’m with and how long for.

When I have enough time to enjoy it properly I use this combination:

For something smaller and lighter (typically what I want when I actually travel), I take this pair:

15 Likes

My current setup for portable, and office duty, A&K SR15, Razer THX DAC dongle and iFi iEmatch (for phone duty), adapters for full balanced headphones use, Focal Elegia and CA Andromeda for noise makers… But I’m eyeballing the Cayin N6ii pretty hard…as another potential DAP or maybe the Fiio M11…but the Cayin is still #1 on my list…

9 Likes

Very nice…I submit that someone in your neck of the woods organize a meet in the Seattle area sometime in the second half of August and I’ll bring N6ii down for people to demo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Woo! I was just thinking of starting a thread like this! Anyways, my portable rig is below. Modded Sony MH755, and a pair of Final Audio E2000, with my DAP. AGPTEK M20, 64GB MicroSD.

6 Likes

I will, no doubt, setup something for around then. And probably one or two between now and then too.

Remind me at the time and I’ll bring my Hugo 2 home from the office as well (I have retired it from portable use).

3 Likes

11 Likes

Beautiful collection!

1 Like

Only two are mine :slight_smile:

CustomArt Fibae 7 is on loan from this forum (Headphones Community Preview Program)
Meze Rai Penta is a review set loaned out by Kitsune Hifi and Meze Audio.

Solaris… oh solaris. We’ll see how long I end up keeping it. The Anole VX does so much of what I want, and 8 dip switch combinations to tweak the signature how you want. It’s pretty great. Cost an arm and a leg (or two) but really enjoying it thus far.

2 Likes

12 Likes

That looks like a match made in heaven. I hope to see you at a Seattle area meetup sometime so I can try it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You could keep both as variety is the spice of life :slight_smile: But a fit issue is a totally understandable deal breaker.

3 Likes

How about AIO portability gear?
I’m doing a review of an AIO (bottom AIO)…

8 Likes

I’ve posted this everywhere, but I am fond of it so here it is again!

9 Likes

Nice beautiful photo!

3 Likes

My portable rig is a long way from some of the beautiful stuff posted so far in this thread but I like it :wink:

M2XT2

7 Likes

This was my portable setup for the last couple of weeks. Brought it to CanJam Socal as well as France along with Vancouver’s public transportation. Sadly, the Cayin is no longer with us so I may play with some of the FiiO stuff until we get the “portable” Kann Cube in the office.

15 Likes

Are those CustomArt IEMs? They look quite familiar :thinking:

1 Like

Sony IER Z1R and Cayin N6ii

9 Likes

My micro (in size and cost) portable rig for today…

(This is the only way I can use the MH755 until I recable them, I attach the M0 to my collar :smiley: )

9 Likes