Current Set-Up Pics - Official Picture Thread

Nice smoochz’n other folk’s fine audio gadgets and gizmos …

Desktop System: Cayin Tri-Stack ( iHA-6 amp, iDAC-6 DAC, iPAP-6 Streamer ), Schiit Wyrd / Loki and the EnigmAcoustics Dharma D1000 Hybrid Electrostatics headphone. Also in photos, My Player via USB / Roon ~w Tidal and Qobuz streaming services ( EVGA SC17 1070 4K Laptop - custom power, USB and connectors throughout ) and other my HP’s in their Shrouds Sennheiser 800s, Final Audio Sonorous VI, Sony MDR-Z1R, Sony MDR-Z7m2, Focal Utopia, Meze Empyrean, Audeze LCD-X, Hifiman Edition-X v2( all ~w custom XLR 4Pin or Dual 3Pin cabling ).

18 Likes

I was just saying on discord last night how beautiful that Cayin Desktop setup was, and now I see someone actually has it. Very nice!

3 Likes

I’d love to hear a synopsis comparing your current stable of cans.

2 Likes

@ antdroid

Thanks much … did a lot of research and risk taking on this system - sourced all 3 Cayin pieces from 3 separate vendors at reduced cost … it all just came together - I lucked out … the Schiit additions round and maxes things out nicely.

1 Like

@ pwjazz …

That’s a lot of comparisons per se … Every day, I tend to think one of those HP’s is better than the next one … The Dharma D1000 in the forefront ~w a decent cable sound astounding and are not given enough due credit in my humble opinion and ranks among my ultimate fav, as do the Audeze LCD-X … They all have their sweet spots, depending on mood, song, and delivery :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow what a stunning setup, some great gear there. Some audio nirvana right there in that room. Respect.

@ prfallon69

I’m certainly appreciative of your generous remarks … THANK You !!!

1 Like

My setup at the moment, still in flux, sitting on the desktop in bad lighting as the rack currently is being remade:

11 Likes

Love the Meitner DAC. And that’s a very eclectic amplifier choice. Same with the EC-Designs source. At some point it’ll be come reasonably-convenient to review some of EC-Designs stuff (I’ve tried in the past, on other fora, but no dice so far).

3 Likes

Thanks Ian, really appreciate it!

3 Likes

My humble setup includes the RME ADI-2 driving some Focal Elear cans, fed Tidal and a couple of hundred CD’s in FLAC from the Samsung Tab. When my Phonitor xe arrives it will all be sitting on top of that. Don’t mind the Sennheisers, they are just for Netflix on the computer.

10 Likes

Hi and welcome. Very nice setup.

3 Likes

Welcome @waynestractor!

Nice set up indeed!

2 Likes

B/W filter

15 Likes

What stand is that out of curiosity?

Its the monoprice black glass monitor stand.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=16360

I bought it on amazon for more though, but they are on-sale right so it’s cheaper. It comes in transparent too.

3 Likes

The Woo audio stuff just kills me-- from a purely aesthetic standpoint I think they make my favourite gear. Lovely setup.

3 Likes

I just received these on a recommendation from another forum. They’re pretty fantastic! Extremely comfortable, and added a bit a clarity. I highly recommend these as an upgrade.

The Koss Porta Pros are my all time favorite ‘cheap’ headphone. Typically powered by an iPhone XS Max, or iPad Pro 12” through Tidal app.

These are my ‘daily drivers’. Audeze LCD-X powered by the Rupert Neve RNHP through Bluesound Node 2i. Mostly Tidal Master (MQA).

Cheers!

14 Likes

I would have gone for the orange yaxi pads!! Actually… I may need this in my life lol… I wonder if they come in purple…:thinking:

2 Likes

Unfortunately they do not have purple. :frowning:
They are really comfy and its a modest investment.

1 Like