Current Set-Up Pics - Official Picture Thread

Nice work - it looks great!

1 Like

27 Likes

My current office setup:

Roon Nucleus > dCS Bartok + HP amp > MySphere 3.2 [OR] Raal Requisite HS1b > SR728 cable > SR1a ā€œearfield monitorsā€ - streaming Tidal and Qobuz with Roon

32 Likes

I know that album! Nice set up. Must be lovely for classical.

4 Likes

Yes, it is brilliant!

I learned about Vanskaā€™s recordings on this site. Just one of the advantages to being a member here. :star_struck:

6 Likes

I looked for that particular Mahler and no bueno on tidal. Maybe qobuz? Will check later

http://open.qobuz.com/album/7318599922263

1 Like

Awesome, will check it out after Paul/Mayweather tonight

1 Like

Well, I spent some time with an MHA200 yesterday and it wasnā€™t for me, so looking at PrimaLuna or ampsandsound instead. :laughing:

1 Like

I found your VC at headphone.shop.
How did it end up there?

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a really good question! That is definitely my picture and I did not get asked and I did not give permission either? You would think they would use or come up with their own pictures. Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about this? I kind of feel violated. . .

Is this even legal? Or should I just leave it alone?

3 Likes

This definitely wouldnā€™t be the first time I see small stores using other peopleā€™s pictures without permission.

Is it legal? Iā€™m not sure. Without looking into it, I would assume that they would technically have the right to pull it off since you do not hold any legal rights to it. But this is just a guess.

I do have to say that their whole site gives off a sketchy vibeā€¦

4 Likes

Thanks for the info! Sketchy is a good way to put it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s become very common. Many sellers on auction sellers use a watermark to discourage using the wrong photo of a specific used product.

Some businesses may just be sloppy, as there are quite a few official product photos meant to be shared too. Some large companies employ people to hunt down copyrighted content, but no one else can afford it. So yeah, it becomes de facto if not actual public domain content.

3 Likes

Nice photo. See commentary here:

http://osaka.law.miami.edu/~froomkin/seminar/papers/sabo.htm

6 Likes

I have been a lawyer working in intellectual property for 40 years and am currently General Counsel for a video game company. The answer is if this is your photo they donā€™t have the right to use it. Your copyright and no fair use because it is for a commercial sale. Is it worth messing with? Probably not but if you want you can send a form cease and desist to store and they may take it down. Good luck.

16 Likes

Thanks for the info! I contacted them and let them know the situation and within minutes they replied with an apology and offered to take down my pic. However, I started thinking about it, and decided to let them continue to use it. I figure it might help more ZMFā€™S sell, and I am all for promoting my favorite brand. So in the end its all good, and I appreciate everyoneā€™s input.

17 Likes

Thatā€™s a great attitude to hsve Wes. Itā€™s a great picture worthy of being shown to lots of headphone enthusiasts. Pure eyecandy.

6 Likes

Ooh, those are the Furutech CF XLRs, right? I have them for my Morrow Audio MA6 XLR on both ends. Pricey, but worth it!

1 Like

The Schiit ā€œslabā€

Modius
Freya+
Jotunheim R

The Freya+ preamp finally came out in a black finish, had to complete the set.

Very happy with how tubes compliment the Raals.

16 Likes