Current Set-Up Pics - Official Picture Thread

The greatest strength of the DT 770s (for me) is that I’ve used them for many years and know their sound well. I wouldn’t say they’re neutral or have especially good clarity (they seem quite bass heavy), but I’m familiar with how they sound on different types of music and am comfortable making decisions based on what I hear. If something sounds more terrible than normal, I’ll make an adjustment. :laughing:

2 Likes

I changed a few things over here. I got rid of the RME ADI-2 and replaced it with a Geshelli J2. The J2 is clean as a whistle and renders more detail where the RME was smoother. I added an SPL 2Control for my monitors. I didn’t really think that the headamp would be all that, but on my HD6xxM and HD600s it’s really quite something. It has gobs of power which really lifts those headphones up. It’s too much for my Elleven Acoustica Grado-y R1 build, though. I also picked up a Soekris 2541 which I’ll talk about on another thread. Short story is that it. is. awesome.

13 Likes

Small space San Francisco living means my setup is in hiding.

Headphones setup:
Mac mini (Audirvana) → Schiit Bifrost2 → ZMF Pendant → ZMF Verite Closed

Speakers setup:
Mac mini (Audirvana) → Schiit Bifrost2 → NAD3020A Series 20 → Rogers LS3/5A

23 Likes

I live in San Francisco too, right downtown! I’ve got my headphone setup for digital listening in my dining room/office, and my bigger system for mostly analog (and the TV, cable, and such, which all run through the hi-fi).

2 Likes

A quick and dirty shot of my vastly-simplified headphone setup, in its new home. Don’t even have the drapes up yet. But the audio stuff is all working.

Chord-Woo QnD (1024)

The RAAL SR1a interface box and the “Conduit” streamer are mounted below the surface. And the “stand” as it is will be replaced with an HRS setup* if this rig stays (dependent on the HE-1/Sonova situation).

Solid-state listening will be straight from the Chord DAVE. But most of my headphone listening is either via the SR1a or conventional cans and the Woo WA234 MkII MONOs.

*I would then put the Ultima 5 back in the stack in place of the Étude.

38 Likes

8 Likes

That really is beautiful. Clean, simple, but amazing.

2 Likes

Gorgeous! I love how everything is color-matched. Makes it look like they were all made by the same co…

2 Likes

My “Endgame” system is complete, with the arrival of the ZMF Pendant SE. :grinning:

31 Likes

Interested in hearing how the pendant compares to the rogue. Nice looking setup! Let the tube rolling begin!

1 Like

That is so beautiful @Torq it’s simply stunning.

2 Likes

Wow! Jaw dropping. Simple and effective. Congrats.

2 Likes

All I need is a:

then it works for me too :laughing:

Envy aside, very demanding setup :+1:

4 Likes

Money can’t buy happiness, but it can sure buy a killer freakin’ audio setup!! Congrats!:love_you_gesture::sunglasses:

10 Likes

there’s so much WIN in that “vastly-simplified” setup… omg!

1 Like

Having just moved I’ve got my setup set up again. One of the key components in this chain isn’t mine; I’m very fortunate to have it on loan.

Now to put pictures on the wall…

23 Likes

Compliments on the post-move proper listening area! Here’s to hours of enjoyment sitting back in that chair. I like your Thorens table.

7 Likes

Thank you! It was my father’s. He bought it new around 1990 and then, having gone digital, never really used it. I inherited it a few years ago - it’s in excellent condition and probably had only 10-20 hours on it before I started putting it to good use. It’s a lovely solid turntable.

6 Likes

That is awesome and special that you have your father’s table in your system, and in excellent condition to boot. I have my father’s 1980s Akai CD Player.

3 Likes

Finally had the chance to make my own custom cable for the first time and really happy with the results!

29 Likes