Current Set-Up Pics - Official Picture Thread

Great setup! I share your BF2 and SW51+ in my chain, and I share your concern about the place where you work being the same as the place where you relax. My setup is in a bedroom, for this reason.

What are your headphones, if you don’t mind me asking? It looks like those are the HD 6XX. Is that right? What’s the ZMF?

3 Likes

Nice, BF2 and SW51+ is such a good combo. They are a 6XX and ZMF Aeolus, just noticed it’s a little dark in that corner and hard to spot.

2 Likes

Try colored lighting. When I’m working, the colored lighting stays off and I’m all business; when I’m relaxing, my desk and the area around it becomes a relaxing zen rainbow that tells my brain it’s time to enjoy.

6 Likes

Dude I absolutely love this idea. I can see this working with a Phillips Hue or some sort of adjustable LED light. Daylight during the day and work time. Then amber / red hues at night while relaxing. That’s a solid suggestion.

Those subtle changes are actually super effective at shifting perceptions and moods.

4 Likes

Hear the rainbow :rainbow: :headphones:

19 Likes

Just entered the next iteration of my setup:

Dedicated Music server with HQplayer not shown → optical network → Sonore Signature Rendu SE optical → Holo May KTE → Topping A90 → Dan Clark Stealth + Raal Requisite HSA-1b → Raal Requisite SR1a

Moved out (currently selling on ebay): EMM Labs NS1 + Meitner MA-1 v2:

Still not quite there yet :wink:

14 Likes

So, my home speaker system is in a good place. Thought I’d share. One could easily argue I’m missing a stand-alone DAC, as I’m using the NODE’s internal DAC for my streaming and the Arcam SACD player’s DAC for its use. Maybe that’s next, but need to shop.

And yes, I need to clean up the wires.

14 Likes

My new sofa setup :relaxed:

36 Likes

The Ferrum stuff is looking mighty fine! How do you like it?

1 Like

I knew you’d sniff that Ferrum gear out @hifiDJ . You’ve got me curious about it.
I’m still in the honeymoon stage with the Azure, but this gear is very interesting to me.

2 Likes

Still need to spend more time with it to form my opinion. So far, it seems to be an amp that is very transparent to the source. In this particular setup, it really lets the Chord sound shine through, which I love.

I haven’t really gone through my whole headphone collection (Susvara, 1266, VC, Elite, D8k Pro, Elite) with it yet. I really like the pairing with the D8k Pro so far: smooth, spacious and detailed.

2 Likes

Current setup:
Olasonic NANO-CD1 transport →
RME ADI-2 DAC FS →
Headamp GS-X Mini →
LCD-2F 2021
(Not pictured: I just added my first IEM to my collection: the DUNU SA6, ZMF Atticus currently on the way, HD650, Little Dot MKIII)
I’d like to get a nicer tube amp if I wind up liking the ZMFs, and I’d also like to get a nicer speaker setup (currently rocking the Kanto YU4s which I don’t love)

16 Likes

Playing around w/ the EC Studio B as a pre-amp. Love it!

17 Likes

Cleaned my desk and I’ve got some wall art inbound. Still got that mouse pad

13 Likes

That’s a great setup! Are those Pheasantwood Vérités? They look lovely.

1 Like

They are the pheasant vo’s.

2 Likes

20 Likes

Could be worse….
Full day one with the Clear, so the others will certainly get a few days off.

19 Likes

Switched up my work setup and substituted in a new Kenzie OG 2 for my Echo 2. Loving the KOG2!

25 Likes

I decided to try modern tubes instead of chasing NOS in the Bigger Ben.

The tube in the center is a Treasure Globe from Grant Fidelity. The power tubes are KT-88s from KR audio.
The rectifier is a NOS Cossor GZ37 “fat bottle”

The amp never sounded better. The next set of tubes I buy will be duplicates of what I’m running now for backup.

19 Likes