Current Set-Up Pics - Official Picture Thread

New source! Denafrips Pontus II with Iris DDC. Getting used to the “more of everything” sound which is quite a lot easier than getting used to the look of that black wall.

24 Likes

That would make a grand portable setup. I routinely carry around 12 volt car batteries in a backpack to drive my mobilized tube amps.

[Just having fun, nice stuff there.]

4 Likes

thanx. I can carry the Cayin about 13,5m before my spine disintegrates …

6 Likes

New addition to the family: ZMF Atticus Cocobolo!

(Stand placed in position for this picture only.)

22 Likes

Replaced my three monitors

16 Likes

What kind of monitor did you pick up? Looks good.

1 Like

This one

3 Likes

sweet pikachu :slight_smile:

20 characters

2 Likes

Well kids bf2 → sw51 → Aeolus is good. Bf2 → neurochrome hp-2 → ananda is also good. They are both good in the way you’d expect tube + zmf or solid state + ananda to be. I will think long and hard about any upgrades, especially after some auteurs arrive. I don’t know what more I personally need.

21 Likes

Oooooh you’re giving me screen size envy haha. Getting a 43" is on the list of wants for my next setup if I can manage the space for it.

Are you using the X-H1 as a streaming/webcam device?

Yep, currently using it as my webcam/streaming device but I use it to take pictures to. Does pretty well as a dedicated streaming cam though.

it was either a 43" 4k or 40" ultrawide. the 43" was way cheaper and was available so I went that route instead

2 Likes

I now have a Schiit Loki Mini Engorged™ Edition. It’s much easier to adjust than the Shriveled™ edition.

To DIY: The Schiit shafts are 6mm with a D profile. The Schiity shriveled knobs are 12.5mm slip-ons, while my Engorged™ knobs are 17mm with set screws. My knobs are thick and barely fit, but they do fit. The shaft skirts don’t fit in the Schiity holes so it’d be best to shave the skirts for solidly screwing in place. I may grind my skirts.

13 Likes

Awesome. I would guess the lokius is the same… Good find! I may pick up a few.

1 Like

5JEr

Yup. I went there.

5 Likes

BF2 → SW51+ → Aeolus is so good sounding. Super rich and just draws you in. Only wish is the stage could be a little larger, but WHATEVER sounds so good.

4 Likes

I was thinking it sounded like an explicative.

That really grinds my skirts!

3 Likes

Here is your school assignment: Write a reverse fill-in-the-blanks story with the following mandatory set of words.

• Schiit
  • shaft
  • knob
  • hole
  • screw
  • skirt

One must “go there!” I censored myself versus the cosmic cornucopia of comic capabilities.

5 Likes

I’ll accept your challenge, just remember no matter what happens, it’s all on you.

1 Like

After a long (long long long long loooooong) year-and-a-half of spending the pandemic in the burbs, I have finally returned NYC! We found a place with a small office, and my wife said it’s mine so long as all of my work and music gear stays in it. Challenge accepted!

46 Likes

That’s a lovely looking space. Everything you could need, more or less, within immediate arm’s reach! It looks very relaxing.

It’s nice to see more folks in the NYC area (I made the reverse of your move this past summer). I’ve mentioned this before but it would be great if we could all arrange a small get-together, maybe a mini-meet, in 2022, pandemic permitting.

7 Likes