Current Set-Up Pics - Official Picture Thread

15 Likes

How many DACs not shown in the picture? :grin:

The JPS Labs editions ships with about $3000 worth of tubes in addition to the wiring change.
I don’t know if there are any other changes.

For the first round I used the DAC built in to the Questyle CMA Twelve. Then, I used a Schiit Modi 3 plus for the second round. I also tested out the Schiit Multibit card on the Jotunheim 2 since that amp paired well enough to place and was curious how it held up comparing all-in-one vs. all-in-one. Even though not up to par for some, to my ears it presented good sound for the money. A good budget option for those on a limited budget, or already own the Jotunheim 1 or 2.

1 Like

Rearranged things on the desk today:

VC Desert Ironwood
Auteur Wenge + Brass
RME ADI-2 DAC fs
Feliks Euforia

21 Likes

EC MK4

13 Likes

Hafler HA75 tube headphone amp being fed by LH Labs Geek Pulse Signature Edition DAC. The amp has a Mullard NOS from 1958 or so in it. The amp is on loan from a friend.

And a new chair. Ikea Poang leather set I got on the used market for 88 bucks.

17 Likes

Some beautiful gear you have @all24bits. The chair looks like a great buy too. Congratulations.

1 Like

Abbas Audio 0.1se

10 Likes

Added a new shelf and rearranged all my gear

14 Likes

Fulla 2 for the win!

Haha mine is broken… Not sure if I should send it in for RMA or just throw it away

I’m sorry to hear it. For a $99 product that’s a few years old, I’m not sure it’s worth RMA’ing. If only there were more electronics repair folks around… My Fulla 2 gets little use these days but I’m loathe to sell it because it’s hardly worth the effort, and it can be useful to have for certain moments. Sometimes if I’m trying new transducers and the sound doesn’t seem right with my amps, I’ll give them a whirl with the Fulla 2. It’s been a trusty little device.

1 Like

I’m more of a porta-fi person.

My daily drivers are the LCD-i4 and Dunu Zen Pro. Former is for overall SQ and comfort as a portable open-back, and the latter is for when I want the isolation. I usually use my DX300 with both, but in a pinch or out of sheer laziness, I will use the Qudelix-5k and a rather cheap dongle DAC with them, namely the Apple USB-C dongle or the ddhifi TC35B dongle.

I think the Zen Pro needs something like an iFi Ear Buddy with the ddhifi dongle, though, as there is a noticeable difference in sound signature for the better when I use the ear buddy on the ddhifi dongle. I haven’t measured its output impedance, but it’s probably high enough to mess with the FR of the Zen Pro, which I assume doesn’t have a flat impedance curve.

10 Likes

What do you do for EQ with the LCDi4? I have the LCDi3, and find myself using an iPhone/Cipher Cable combo far more than playing with the regular cord and rolling my own EQ (either with ROON or some other way - of course ROON has the preset Audeze EQ which is pretty good).

2 Likes

I haven’t owned the iSine 20 fo a good few years but it was a great iem. What really made it stand out was the Cipher cable. It just took it from being ok to excellent.

In terms of it’s relative sound quality. It just made a very big difference from the normal cable with EQ. For my ears anyhow.

6 Likes

I posted the EQ settings I tend to use here: Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion | Page 269 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org.

There is a third setting I use that’s more warm-relaxed, e.g. when I don’t want vocals to be up in my face:

3 Likes

I still have the iSine 20 also - could not give up the tie-fighter look. Just a spare IEM now. I was hoping that Barbara would like it, but she plays screechy iPhone speaker music way more often - doesn’t like to put things in her ear. And doesn’t seem to care to Airplay to the Sonos, unless she’s going to seriously listen either. The trials of an audiophile husband . . . :wink:

6 Likes

Just finished building my SB Acoustic Aras

23 Likes

My office / listening setup.

Bifrost 2 (Under desk)
Asgard 3
Shortest Way 51+

I’ve got a Hagerman Tuba and a Modi 3+ on the way. I’m currently trying to work through the idea of scaling back my desk setup and scaling up a two channel / headphone setup in my living room. I’m not really enjoying having my desk the place I do work and also the place I relax. I was going to try a Modi 3+ with the Asgard 3 and a Tuba/SW51+ (I’ve realised I need tubes and solid states at my desk depending on mood). Then move the Bifrost 2 out in the living room as a start of a two channel setup.

19 Likes