Current Set-Up Pics - Official Picture Thread

Working on my listening stations :smiley:

This is the living room.
Just need to get two white cables (power and toslink) and run them along the floor frame so they are out of sight.

• Naim Uniti Atom HE
  • Sennheiser HD 800S
  • Hart Audio Cable 4.4 Pentaconn
  • ROOMs Audio Line FS Pro A

And here is the bedroom / office.

• Sennheiser HDV 820
  • Sennheiser HD 820
  • Hart Audio Cable 4.4 Pentaconn
  • ROOMs Audio Line FS Pro A

22 Likes

I like that living room set-up… very minimalist

2 Likes

Portable afternoon setup.

15 Likes

Living room main mothership.

Portable power. Single Ended magic.

18 Likes

I love my Embody too. Why would I ever sit in anything else?

I have a Phantecs case with similar lines, In fact, I’d bet I have the previous gen with no case LEDs.

1 Like

Couple of updated pics of the system(s). Most of the bits and bobs all setup over two rooms. The mojo is on the shelf in the first pic, along with the IE300 I mostly use it with, and hd600 are currently in their box but will be added to something later.

I really enjoy having multiple systems as it lets me hear different things when my mood takes me. I also like playing around with bits so will probably never leave things alone.

19 Likes

A nice variety you have going on there! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Here are my systems:

In the basement I have a dedicated room running the the below equipment that to my ears sounds really nice.

In my little personal listening area located in a cubby hole off the living room I find this really enjoyable. Using the Astell & Kern SP3000 internal DAC in conjunction with the Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse Class A amp while bypassing the Woo’s internal DAC is magical. Running tubes with the SP3000 is quite something especially with the Utopias.

22 Likes

Very elegant looking setup! Cheers!

3 Likes

Silly Question, which headphones do you find yourself using the most?

1 Like

It tends to vary over time.

I think most of my recent listening has been with the ZMF Atrium driven off a Zähl HM1. Next would be the Stax SR-X9000 via a BHSE. Then, oddly enough, an HD660S2 via a Chord Hugo 2.

I’m sure that’ll change once I finally get to set up my HE1.

7 Likes

Thanks, I have the HD 6XX and use them a lot as well. I also have the HD 800s which i love for Jazz and Classical. HE-1 s are on my list for Christmas. lol

1 Like

Interesting response. That’s a good pairing? I liked the Atrium when I had one and waiting for my HM1 but never crossed my mind to pair the two

Epic.

Different to, but as good as, pairing the Atrium with my big tube amp. But then the Atrium sounds good driven by pretty much anything competent (and that can muster a couple of hundred mW into 300 ohms). And the Zähl does a first rate job driving anything competent.

7 Likes

Very true, I don’t find it to be “fussy” about amplification as long as you have something that does it justice. It just sounds pretty great :+1: :smile:

Are you really getting the HE-1??? Sennhieser really has set the bar for the ultimate sound setup.

Lol no… HM1 not HE-1.

2 Likes

Both are outrageous in cost. But in pursuit of pure sound nirvana, what’s a few extra bucks.
Hm-1 looks really impressive!

1 Like

Probably blows my cheapo fiio k9 pro ess out of the water.

Fiio k9 pro ess, Sennheiser HD 800s

15 Likes