Current Set-Up Pics - Official Picture Thread

Congratulations Lothar_Wolf. That’s a great collection. I love the Andromedas myself. I have the Original ones andhave always loved them. I am envious of your fine collection of Iem’s. Enjoy.

1 Like

That looks like the Campfire Audio museum Lothar! Can I come and visit it? :laughing: You can charge admission…

1 Like

Finally also got my solid state situation sorted with the long awaited Zähl HM-1 (replacing my Singxer SA-1/Schiit Lokius combo). It’s a beast of an amp and also acts as the new control center of my whole setup also preamping my monitors as well as my tube amps.

22 Likes

It’s on the other side of the pc on a woo stand. I rotate them out depending on what I’m using. I’ll eventually build a shelf or something to keep them on.

1 Like

Company called cosmic cables. It’s the pure silver one. I like it, very good sounding and very flexible.
Need to get one for my Susvara. Thinking him again or maybe Viking weave.

1 Like

Wow, so clean and sharp I’m almost a little envious. :heart_eyes:

(pun totally intended!)

1 Like

Thank you. You have an amazing setup as well. Love yours with the turntable and lights. Looks great!

1 Like

Don’t know how you manage to hide all the cables so neatly. I have so much stuff going on behind my rack it’s embarrassing really.

2 Likes

I have the one power cable from the pp3 going along the back of the desk to the wall outlet. The pc power strip/conditioner is under the desk and it goes into the other open outlet.

I have another room in my basement that I want to finish eventually. It’ll allow me to place the audio rack in a corner and a comfortable listening chair next to it. That way I can easily reach the vol. For now, I really like the embody too tho. I find it really comfortable. I pull out an ottoman now when I listen to prop up my feet. I just turn my chair and sit next to the rack now when I’m not actively on the PC.

1 Like

I love my Embody. You know Atlas just finally pre-released the headrest, shipping [supposedly] in April. Headrest for Embody Chair - Sync Fabric – Atlas Headrest

1 Like

I’m thinking of something similar to be able to do both sitting next to a desk and something comfier. My plan is probably a corner spot for the rack, desk next to it and on the other wall a couch. Still playing around with a few ideas though

1 Like

For sure. I preordered day one! :laughing: Pretty sure I saw you comment on the preorder thread on FB or instagram haha.

Yep! Basically something like that.

Pick fro November 2021 when I brought my 13r to work. Mostly just posting cause it’s a good picture I stumbled across looking for something else tonight

12 Likes

So, my best friend’s brother lives in Arkansas where it’s very difficult to get more…top tier, more esoteric brands of liquor, to say the least.

He visited us in Arizona (twice) and went on a liquor buying tour around Pheonix. He ended up filling his car (at least once) completely to the brim with 6k worth of liquor he couldn’t obtain in his state. Apparently in the hobby there are collectors and sellers, where people buy/trade with each other hard to find alcohol.

1 Like

Last year I inherited my dad’s NAD 3020 and had it completely refurbed. I replaced the caps, had the board cleaned, replaced the speaker terminals, and a bunch of other enhancements/replacements/cleaning. Around 600 bucks from Leesonic over at Audio Karma’s site. I have about probably 5-10 hours on this thing (at most) and have to bring it next month to a buddy’s house. So I’m going to be working on burning in the caps (if you’re into that sort of thing) for the next 50-100 hours (w/ speakers + headphones). My parents have never heard the “new” version and mom asked to hear it so I brought it in. Right now I have the LG V40 as my source.

16 Likes

Congrats, the NAD 3020 is a Hall Of Fame amp.

1 Like

This is too cool! Hope you enjoy!

2 Likes

States that run their own liquor stores often have terrible prices and selections. The stores are small, they carry only mainstream brands, and they don’t run sales or promos. This seems to be a legacy of prohibition, plus states get addicted to the revenue that comes from having a monopoly.

Some of the US/Mexico border towns have “export only” liquor stores intended for visitors to and from Mexico. Their untaxed liquor costs around 50% of other stores last time I knew. I’m sure that many of those cheap bottles head north and stay in the US. On the Mexican side, there are brothels and low cost medical clinics…so…the border economy combines party time with treatment for bad decisions…

2 Likes

Current setup for some extended listening sessions this weekend.

18 Likes