Displaying Your headphones

What are you hanging your headphones on when they’re not on your head?

My latest project. Not quite finished but it can hold at least 4 sets. Take a look!

15 Likes

Holy shit, dude. This is awesome. What is the elephant made of?

1 Like

Wow, that’s nifty! I have nothing so elegant in the radio shack. There I use Large bulldog clips clamped to shelves, Necessity being the Mother of Invention!

1 Like

Well, I think I am going to name him Lowe’s, because 95% of him came from there. The only thing that didn’t was the material and it was on sale for $7 a yard. I did use the whole yard too. He came out a little bigger than what I had in my head, but I have several requests for other ones and I did make patterns so the the next ones should only get easier.

Larry Thompson

Most of it I bought at Lowe’s, all but the fabric. This is my second one, the first was claimed by my sister. It was 1/4 the size. This one is bigger than what I had a vision in my head of, but he is cool. Just finishing up the details around the trunk. It’s one of those things you look at and can’t stop messing with. You always think you can make it look a little better

1 Like

That is amazing!

That is fantastic!! Thanks so much for sharing it.

Most creative display I have seen so far! Fantastic!

Thank you for sharing with us.

Working on my next creation, a Octopus. Still experimenting on making the tentacles . I’ve settled on bending PVC by heating sand and filling the pipes with it to make it workable. If anyone is interested in making any of my projects, I will be providing detailed instructions and material list if enough interest is shown.

2 Likes

I’m real cheap when it comes to things like this, so I just use yoga blocks. Amazon, two for $10.

3 Likes

Simple, but functional. Buy 2 more and you have the same amount I spent on my display.

That elephant is insane! However, this has worked well for me.

6 Likes

What wood is that? Looking over the options at ZMF.

Thanks! I love them both, and in previous pic, left is Aeolus in stock sapele and on the right is a limited edition Cocobolo Atticus. I also just got a Verite C in Ambrosia Maple.

My ZMF trio. Stands next to each just for the pic.

6 Likes

Beautiful. And what’s the wood type for the stand, too?

Both stands are Wenge wood, and I think it is one of the better options. I like the darker color of the wood, which really makes the headphones pop. Also, the grain pattern on both stands is stunning, so it’s a win win.

2 Likes