Drinking Songs

For you high-minded folks, there is the “Music and Drink Pairings” topic. For the rest of us, the 49%, those who are proud to live like Ray Davies on a “Dead End Street”, I proundly hic initia… init… in… Start the Drinking Songs Topic.

“If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck, I’d swim to the bottom and never come up.”

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

I love it! I knew this would be a good topic.

Now the proper headphones for drinking songs are probably washable.

1 Like
2 Likes

one of my favorites!

Now this one, I participated in one fine night. The pub was in Old City Arlington. They had the men sing one part and the women sing the other. It got rowdy. May groups do this, but the Dubliners made it famous.

And I’m going to add this finale to my contributions for tonight. I grew up in Missouri. I learned early on to appreciate good bluegrass, and the best bluegrass was from Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs, or maybe, as we have here, the Osborne Brothers. A far cry from the country music product I hear today. Rocky Top may not precisely be a drinking song, but you can bet the shine goes down easy when it’s playing.

2 Likes

Degenerates!

Aww gee. And here I edited myself not posting the famous Dead Kennedy’s selection.

Here’s another golden oldie.

YES!!! Rocky Top rocks!!!

2 Likes

Two pints. Makes one cavort.

1 Like