Favorite Burger 🍔

Another place I love… but more Butcher/sandwich shop than burger… plus their danger fries or poutine is awesome!!!

https://g.co/kgs/i3LNYA

Picture of their pulled pork poutine

7 Likes

B21 in our area is EXCELLENT…Its a small chain, stores privately owned and the two in our area run by a friend are very, very good…consistent, high quality beef, cooked very nicely! Fries are very special!!

Go there at least once a week!!

Yummo!

Alex

1 Like

That’s funny. I Love Dalmatia fig spread with Bree!

I can relate to food allergies. My son is allergic to wheat, peanuts, corn, and dairy. With the exception of milk, they’re all very high on the numbering scale (5 & 6’s, 6 being most severe), but thank God that he doesn’t need an Epi pen!

All of these pictures look so good, I’m hungry!

creepy - our similar tastes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s the Teutonic lineage. :laughing:

2 Likes

I think the best burger in Vancouver is still at the Alibi Room. It’s one of the only places in BC that goes through the nonsense necessary to be able to cook a medium rare burger as god intended.

1 Like

I’ve hit up a lot of burger places in the last 24months, but my favourite is still the lunch burger at Gramercy Tavern.

1 Like

Wait a second… People eat burgers that aren’t medium rare?!

HEATHENS!

1 Like

Yup-- regulations are pretty strict in Canada. In British Columbia, meat has to be ground on site same day. A lot of restaurants will try to tell you that it’s “not legal”, but that is a damn lie.

2 Likes

For mainstream burgers, I divide the US into three regions:

• West Coast: In-N-Out for nostalgia and dedication, but they are objectively outclassed by a million places
  • Midwest: Despite the fact that McDonald’s are on every corner, almost anything else is better than other regions in the US. Smash Burger is quite decent, and Culver’s has some intriguing options.
  • East: Five Guys is the best chain option. While I sometimes get a snake snack at Shake Shack (the Smoke Shack is indeed tasty @antdroid), they too often have fatty patties. Five Guys is more reliable.

For “meat food” @TylersEclectic, nothing in the US compares to barbecue in the region spanning from Virginia to Kansas City to Memphis to Texas to the Carolinas. It’s hard to believe how much better it becomes when crossing the border from Maryland to Virginia.

3 Likes

Every time @andrew and I are in Vegas we hit up Gordon Ramsay’s Burger.

The Stout and Farmhouse are absolutely delicious. The restaurant uses some of the best burger buns I’ve ever had.

4 Likes

I vigorously disagree! Shakeshack > Five Guys all day long. Fat is the vehicle by which flavour travels.

2 Likes

There are some good options in Vegas-- but “Burger Bar” would be my pick.

3 Likes

Shake Shack is legit. Where I’m from, we specialize more in diners than burger places, though, naturally.

4 Likes

Ok, Burgers.

Best place in my home town, Durant, Oklahoma, was Doug’s Dugout. Closed many years ago.

Here in Florida we have 5 Guys, Shake Shack & Culvers. All three within a few miles of our house. Can’t say that one is so much better than the others, but each has their strengths. Fortunately we can enjoy any of them when we get the urge.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

I love poutine! I don’t think I could live in Montreal because I would gain 20 pounds in the first month. That, and the cold winters…

2 Likes

Matt’s Bar in Minneapolis is something I always remember fondly, but it has been a while.

If we are talking cheap fast food, I gotta give it to Wendy’s.

Five Guys is good too; personally like it more than In-N-Out and Shake Shack’s burgers. The chicken sandwich and Shake Shack is the definitive buy there

3 Likes

For cheap burgers I’m a fan of P Terry’s in Austin. It was explicitly modeled after In n Out, but P Terry’s has better fries. For fancier burgers, Hop Doddy’s all the way.

2 Likes