Final Audio D8000 over-ear planar magnetic Headphones - Official Thread

You’ve installed a ZMF strap on a D8000?

Not yet, but I will soon! Sorry not the strap, the pilo/co-pilot pads.

Ah!

Yeah, hoping to test one soon. Zach said he wasn’t sure it would fit. Probably manageable.

@Resolve Did you end up fitting a pilot pad to the D8000? Photo?

1 Like

@Resolve I tried to fit the co-pilot to the D8000. Didn’t really fit, did you have success?

Was super comfy with it on though. Definately an upgrade, just isn’t secure on there

Yeah it’s not a perfect fit but I was able to get it to sort of work. Just have to press the sides down over the headband a bit.

I had a thought as I was leaving, so didn’t get to test.

Could the top piece be flipped and have the velcro connection aligned “vertically” up the sides of the band? Instead of trying to pancake the thing on.

I doubt that would work, Even if you got it to fit it wouldn’t be that comfy.

Hmm, don’t think I explained it well. Bottom pad remains same, flip top pad, and have the Velcro join wrap up, instead of trying to press together horizontally. Anyway.

It was very comfy though. Be good to get something to work neatly.

Also, you on Pilot Pad or Co-Pilot?

Co-Pilot is two separate pieces.

Not sure, but this one works.

Looks slightly different to the one I tested. Was the Co-Pilot too.

Does anyone know where I can buy a set of “Type G” pads for these online?

@BuffaloWing

Hey I’m not sure if I shared this with you but, give this EQ profile a try and see what you think. It’s a new one that’s a bit more balanced in the upper mids:

Let me know what you think.

1 Like

Will do :slight_smile:

Currently will be off a Modius / Auralic Taurus.

Soon probably a Questyle CMA Twelve

You don’t clip with the preamping on -5db? Even the bass sections have 6-7db gains?

Not if you don’t have digital volume at full. But yeah it should be less than -5 eventually.

Listening now.

A/B verse your old settings. Definately some more percieved clarity in the female vocals. Older one they were a bit more laid back / smooth, new one has that effect of a “veil” being lifted somewhat. For use of a better term.

A/B against no EQ, makes those same vocals almost come across a bit harsh. Similar how I feel listening to some Chord gear on certain cans.

I like the more clarity in some things with it, I think for something like Lianna La Havas, its taken her voice a bit too far. Closer to your older setting I think I prefer. Bit softer.

Will go listen to some prog now. FYI. D8000 Pro is exceptional at prog. Plini / Animals as Leaders etc. Incredible.

Check out Plini if you haven’t Andrew. Australian guitarist.

1 Like

Those look right to you? Quite a shirt above 3k there.

Yeah that looks right. The issue before was the tonal balance between 3khz and the rest of the treble - with the cut there. This balances it out a bit more.

You own the D8KP? Or review unit still?

Wondering what you’ve found good enough to actually buy

There’s lots I would like to buy, but as a reviewer I’m constantly listening to stuff that comes through, and I don’t listen to the stuff I own as much haha. So, this one is just the unit I reviewed recently.

It would be nice to have a bunch of high end reference stuff like the D8K pro or Susvara, so maybe eventually.