Focal Celestee - Closed-Back Headphones - Official Discussion Thread

Anyone know what variant of Holo DAC that is? I want to go watch as many Youtube videos as I can possibly find about it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That’s the Holo May DAC…as for what version, I’m not sure.

2 Likes

Would be interested how the Celestee pads influence the Clears sound… anyone with both models or one reviewer tried that already?

It’s the KTE level 3… I returned it to Kitsune Audio yesterday 🥲

3 Likes

Just got my Celestees home last night and I am… something. As this is my first high end cans I struggle to find the words to describe the nuances I find myself listening to. And this is just by using my Note 20 Ultra with FLAC music from Deezer and a Dragonfly Black. Thoroughly amazed :heart_eyes:

Now, I’m looking to spend ~200$ on a entry level dac/amp. Looking at iFi zen dac or the hip dac (for the portability). Will this be a sensible choice for that price range?

4 Likes

I had and enjoyed the Zen Dac. You can certainly get even better sound quality out of a higher-priced DAC, but it’s really quite great sound, particularly for the money. It’s the right first step (it was for me). I’ve listened to my new Celestees with the Zen Dac (listening away from my stations with other DACs) and you’re in for a treat.

5 Likes

What’s everybody doing for EQ on the Celestee? I’ve been bumping the 100Hz with +2.5dB, but that’s it.

Thanks for the cable recommendations - I went with Arctic, and bought two cables - a short one to work with my A&K S25 with its 2.5mm balanced input, and a second longer one for my home Topping A90 headphone amp ending w/XLR.

Really impressed with the sound - once I compensated for a slightly higher volume with balanced inputs, I was able to compare like to like and the sound, to me, is brighter, more detailed, more immediate. And the cables themselves are lighter, more attractive, easier to roll and store.

Arctic was a pleasure to work with, providing some advice and recommendations along the way with minimum (that is, zero) upsale. On top of everything else, it all shipped within 5 days of my order.

I’d recommend Arctic to anyone not sure if a cable will make a difference. It will.

Thanks again for all the help and recommendations I received.

3 Likes

I like Arctic too. They are transparent about the materials they use, they give you choices between regular and “premium” connectors and they are so nice to work with.

A lot of custom cable companies offer very similar products (I wonder if they get their materials from the same places?), so for me, customer service is often what distinguishes them from each other. Arctic are very responsive, and very helpful, whenever I ask them questions.

4 Likes

How does Celeste compare to Atticus? Is there any comparison at all?

2 Likes

The hip DAC has a 4.4mm output jack, which is nice for the price.

2 Likes

Glad you’re liking the synergy!

I’m getting a Celestee in today and look forward to trying it out with the hip-dac myself.

2 Likes

Been reading some reviews, and only concern was seeing the channel measurements for left and right. Is there any imbalance on these cans?

I detect no channel imbalance in my personal unit that I just got in last week.

Thanks for that, I’m very excited to get mine, just ordered them yesterday from headphonesdotcom.
These will be my last headphone purchase for a while to round out my collection.
I can’t wait to hear that punch and slam since I’m coming off of the Aeon RT, Noire, and 6xx!

4 Likes

Took some shots of my Celestee for an iFi related project :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Do I want that nice updated looking portable thingy in front of them? It isn’t just an XDSD or XCAN? Maybe a blurry new version? I hope the sound isn’t blurry too. :wink:

Also, the celestee look much darker in your photos than I have seen. They look amazing!

It’s just an xCAN! Nothing special - they were intentionally edited that way!

sigh you got me all excited! oh well.

Ohhh, the xCan is a superb device, so for me it is very “special” :wink: :+1:

Personaly, still my absolutely favorite bluetooth device :bangbang:

Here is my “shining” combination :smiley:

6 Likes