Focal Clear $500 off - headphones.com

Adorama had pro version at $899 about 6 mnths ago. Josh (YouTube) put Clear in the best “S” tier in his 2020 Tier List. Now HD8XX and Clear are quite close price-wise, which one should it be​:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

My Clear’s arrived today. Having not had open-back headphones before, it was a little disorienting at first, but damn… These are incredible. Clear is an excellent product name. I would not have understood anyone if they had said that these are fast, but after listening I understand. Most money I’ve spent on a single piece of equipment since I bought my Graham Slee phono stage 14 years ago.

9 Likes

I don’t know if anyone saw that, I saw this previously, it said preorder and delivery is end of summer. Sounds like a drop deal to me😂

Still contemplating what I want… think I might just buy a crazy pair of speaker’s instead or get some ZMF once this money comes in

Congratulations @TELLIOTT-TX. I totally agree with your assessment. The name is very apt indeed. They do sound really Clear especially as you say you have not had Open Back Headphones before. Best of luck moving forward.

2 Likes

Several months later, and when shipping is immediate, I succumbed to the temptation and picked up the Clear at this great price – can’t wait to compare them to my Elex and so how much of an upgrade it really is for sound quality – but also, I am really looking forward to the upgraded looks. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Very curious what you think vs the Elex.

1 Like