Focal Clear Raffle for Dex's GoFundMe

When donating, please do not mention the word raffle. It seems this can get flagged by PayPal and can cause the pool to be refunded completely.

As some of you know, @DEXCOM7’s family has been going some difficult medical struggles and have launched a GoFundMe which you can find here https://gf.me/u/zbhj4f

Our community members are very important to us and are like a family. I know a lot of you have found this community, bonded through it, and formed friendships that can last a lifetime.

That is why we’ve decided to organize a raffle to help with the GoFundMe. We will be giving away a Focal Clear as part of the raffle. The giveaway is worldwide so everyone can participate. Entry details below!

1. Raffle tickets are $10 each for entry. No limit on tickets and each ticket will count as 1 entry.
  2. Raffle will end on December 11th. At that time everything raised will go into the GoFundMe and the random raffle winner will be announced.
  3. We will post daily updates at the end of they day on how much has been raised.
  4. We’ve created a PayPal money pool to enter, you cand find that here Paypal Link has been removed as the Money Pool is now closed

Please feel free to share this across your social media, discord groups etc… as the raffle isn’t limited to forum members and any little bit is going to a great cause.

44 Likes

Forgot to add this in but if you donate anonymously but would still like to be entered in the Raffle, just send me a message with a screenshot and I’ll get you added to the list.

8 Likes

The Paypal seems to be set up for Canadian Dollars. So I’m assuming the tickets are 10 CAD?

4 Likes

Yup that’s correct. We couldn’t set up the Money Pool with our US account as PayPal does not allow business accounts to do MoneyPools and in the interest of transparency we did not want to do F&F. So it’s on a personal CAD account.

8 Likes

You a saint. The fact that you’ve stepped up to help someone in need shows what an amazing person you are.

8 Likes

This is a great idea!

@taronlissimore
Also, fyi I dont know if PayPal allows raffles as on Facebook people always call them waffles to throw off paypal but just to play it safe you might want to add telling people NOT to state RAFFLE in the description when sending money or in the pool header. I have heard of paypal reurning all the money in the past as it violates their gambling rules

11 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! Language has been changed to Waffle.

And to everyone else, $600 raised already in just a couple hours! It’s amazing seeing the community come together!

14 Likes

@taronlissimore - Looks like 770 now, and counting! Let’s all help out Dex and Marisol!

8 Likes

Good looking out. Thank you! :pray:t4:

8 Likes

It’s an early evening today for me so the count as of now is $830. Lots of days to go but I can’t thank this community enough for showing their support. It’s truly moving to see all of you band together for a member of the community.

15 Likes

To all, Thank you very much for your support. There are no words that can describe the emotions and gratitude we are feeling right now. Thank you @taronlissimore @andrew and the whole community.

From the heart of our Family, Thank YOU!

:heart:

27 Likes

That should take us over $1000 :heart: @DEXCOM7

10 Likes

Shared in my company’s Discord and donating now. Such a great cause to support on this day.

Thanks @taronlissimore @andrew for organizing this. Truly amazing.

12 Likes

This is why this community is so amazing.

6 Likes

Can we PayPal it somehow?

10 Canadian dollars is like Tesla money in Aus :smiley:

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

The pool is up to $1470 now as of 5:30pm PST on the second day!

13 Likes

:fist_right::fist_left::boom:

Great forum, glad we can come together!

5 Likes

I mean this. Can I donate and enter somehow via PayPal!?

2 Likes

@BuffaloWing, if you check the first post by @taronlissimore, there is a PayPal link shown on point 4. I believe this is what you are looking for?

4 Likes