Thank you HEAPHONE Community

I am not sure if it was timing or destiny (I am not drunk yet) but there couldn’t be a better time for me to find this community. It is relax, laid back, and most important of all respectful.

I am a new follower of @Resolve and it was not until @nugget pointed out @ChaseReeves and his headphone review… than I put two and two together… It all made sense headphones.com logo and @resolve Youtube channel… It clicked :slight_smile:

To make the story short, I hang around with @nugget in discord and he can attest to my last few transactions at head-fi where you can say I got burned… Lesson learned, no more buying used stuff… YET… Today I almost bought in to an amazing deal! Nope I almost got burned 3K… The worst of all… I try to expose the seller and my posts got deleted in and the seller still has his post up.

That’s the sign that I need to stay away from that place.

My last few transactions have gone to supporting @andrew (headphones.com and team) and I couldn’t be happier that I gave him my money for amazing gear, this decisions to buy this gear came with the help of the community and @Resolve .

I hope to stick around here for a while.
Once again, Thank You!

18 Likes

I’m glad to hear that you’ve found this community, and a good seller as well. :+1:t4:

4 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s intentional, @DEXCOM7, but your second paragraph suggests that I have a YouTube channel.

I don’t (and never will).

Just to be clear.

Glad you’re finding the community useful!

6 Likes

I must have the names confused. LOL! and I do. :blush:

4 Likes

I mean @Resolve HA! Sorry LOL

7 Likes

I trust that by now, 18 hrs after you posted this, you’ve had the opportunity to be drunk at least once.

I mean, audio aside–life must go on!

5 Likes

Just once? Lame.

Ha ha

7 Likes

Muahahaha! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

"I drink responsibly

then fall down responsibly"

5 Likes

I don’t have a drinking problem. I drink, get drunk, fall down. No problem.

5 Likes

Me either…whiskey has a Tyler problem :wink:

6 Likes

No-one in Australia has a problem drinking

6 Likes

sounds like I have to send you guys my wife over for some assimilation

5 Likes

I hope this is the best place to get seen. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this community so far. I’ve been into headphones and enjoying music my whole life and have been into audiophile gear for maybe 6 years now. I’ve usually been in the headphone subreddit or the headphone youtuber space. Recently I check out other communities and there was a recurring theme of toxicity. I am impressed how I do not find any of that here.
In other forums, notably, reddit naturally, and the z review forums there seemed to be a focus on talking about how bad other reviewers are or talking about how bad X headphone is. There is a lot of drama over why X reviewer is either the god of all headphone recommendations and we should only buy headphones approved by them or should be shunned from the headphone community because they messed up a measurement. Sprinkle in some gatekeeping. There is very little desire to educate new people in the hobby, and even less talk about how to enjoy a piece of equipment or sound.
I’ve been offered more recourses to learn and more so enjoy audio and audio products in the last 2 weeks I’ve been on this forum than I have the last 6 years elsewhere. Everyone has been welcoming and very engaging. People here will spend the time explaining something as opposed to telling you to use the search bar. It’s almost as if people here enjoy talking about the stuff they enjoy! Disagreements are lighthearted at worst. People here genuinely enjoy the hobby and enjoy the other people in this hobby.

Thanks!

7 Likes

This is why I too love this forum. It’s a wonderful place to learn and chat with like minded people. But above all it a place full of decent people with no toxicity. Long may it remain so.

9 Likes