Forget about sound, what is the best LOOKING gear you've ever seen?

They have also grown on me as well!

Seeing them in person is very different than through pictures. I had a lot of trouble in person capturing properly as I just couldn’t get the lighting quite right on them. But now that it is sunny and beautiful outside, it’s made things a little easier (and certainly more fun to wear with the SP1000M).

6 Likes

I think I’m more enamored with the look and feel of this thing than I was yesterday. Want factor is high … and that’s without considering the sound. It photographs well, as long as you get properly diffuse lighting too …

I still find taking pictures with IEMs in them to be very frustrating though. Making them look good isn’t hard … getting them to stay where you want them, at least with cables connected, always seems to be one step shy of requiring virgin sacrifices.

6 Likes

I still think the Stellia are one of the prettiest headphones out there … in person. It really took seeing them in person to fully appreciate them. And since I finally got around to posting my, long-overdue, review to them … here’s one last picture that I didn’t get to use in the review itself:

11 Likes

First they brought us le ballon rouge and now les écouteurs rouge. Bravo!

2 Likes

I am going to have to do it @Torq

To be fair, these are very handsome headphones in person… and photos just don’t do them justice. Plus they sound phenomenal for closed backs. I will eventually own a pair =)

10 Likes

That ad is hilarious.

3 Likes

I think the Aivas are pretty pretty, and sound good to boot!

7 Likes

I found the MK2 is on MusicTrek for $729 on sale now, if you were interested.

1 Like

It’s the same price on heapdhones.com too - not withstanding the fact that @TylersEclectic already has one.

4 Likes

I was close to pulling trigger on mk2 and then I saw this thread and I’m rethinking all my decisions. Don’t tell my wife.

1 Like

Whoops! Of course it’s on headphones.com, that’s always how that works.

I didn’t even realize that post was from last year, gotta look harder.

2 Likes

It’s not a problem.

2 Likes

I really enjoy the MKII

It has more of a neutral tube sound so far for me, at least with the tubes I’ve rolled.

But that is in reference to having the overly enjoyable and colorful BHC!

3 Likes

Omigod, that is beautiful. I love it when architectural design crossbreeds w/headphone audio design. This is certainly like that; so is the Empyrean. Now, that would be a combination!

2 Likes

The most beautiful headphones I ever owned, by far, were the B&W P5’s Series 1.

P5_

The pictures don’t do them justice. The steel, the leather and the posh looking pouch look and feel very impressive.

I also liked the sound even as it pushed the vocals forward.

On the down side it lacked bass and the clamp was so hard it gave me headaches.

I remember when I sold them the buyer was Super impressed when I pulled them out of the pouch.

Beautiful, but flawed.

Shane D

2 Likes

Aside from Auteur in African Blackwood with silver accents, these are my favorite headphones when it comes to aesthetics. I got Sendy Audio Aiva and I’m soon to get Ori in Purple Heart with bronze sliders, like, 95% because of their looks. And I’m seriously considering hunting down the two others just for the eyecandy.

ZMF%20Ori%20%26%20Vibro

5 Likes

My prettiest current headphone would be the Grado GH2:

Shane D

4 Likes

Best looking headphone for me was the Focal Elear. When I first saw it, I wondered why they didn’t give the Utopia those looks also.

3 Likes

Audiovalve Solaris, the Swiss army knife slice of audiophile heaven, headphone amp including electrostatic, amplifier, pre-amplifier do it all tube marvel.

13 Likes

Cool looking piece of kit that!

3 Likes