HEDD Audio HEDDphone - Official Thread

Such a cool content!

5 Likes

After a few months using the Heddphone and various personal tests with some amps, I still really enjoy the Heddphone a lot !
I am still waiting for a more transportable Amp (CENTRANCE M8V2) to get some freedom at home as I am actually glued to a Monolith THX 887)…
But in my office, I gave a chance to a spare speaker’s amp Sony TA-N55ES with a direct cable to the speakers output to XLR4 which gives really interesting results. I also tried a Hifiman box adapter HE, but no improvement with it compared to the cable.
I am really impressed with the results and feel no more in a real hurry to evaluate a migration to the Requisite SR1A, as I am not sure I will feel a real improvement. as I am really enjoying the bass and sub-bass sections of the heddphone (really fast and clear impacts) with keeping above 1Khz so clear.
I still want to try soon or late a real High End amp (Viva Audio) and of course the now famous SR1A. But the nearest stage will be when the Centrance M8V2 will arrive (I am waiting for many months they manage to produce it).

11 Likes

Thank you @Jaethan and @MartinTransporter, this means a lot. I really enjoyed the conversation on the HeadphoneShow and will be present in this forum on a regular basis from now on. Please don’t hesitate to ask me about HEDD-related products / tech stuff here etc. All the best from Berlin, Freddy // HEDD

8 Likes

Welcome! It was a lot of fun doing the show with you guys! Glad you are here!

Welcome to the forum!

Stoked to have you here, Freddy!

Greetings from Munich!

2 Likes

Hey Marc,

for a more transportable amp, there is the new ifi Micro iDSD Signature.
4 Watts and 4.4 hf out.

I am going to give it a try with the HEDDphone.
Love me some Burr Browns. My ifi xDSD is a bit weak for the HEDD.
Could be my solution for around the house and in the garden.

2 Likes

Yes, thank you … I know, it can be a good option too. I didn’t know the announcement was done, as in another forum, a representative of iFi a few months ago, let us think there was a possibility of this updated version to be available before the end of the year. It’s a good news for me.

Actually, I already ordered a few months ago the Centrance M8V2 … so, I am still waiting they solve some issues with their Chinese supplier to get it. If not, I will probably go to the ifi Micro iDSD Signature.

1 Like

Hey Freddie!!

Its Alex in Raleigh, NC. We spoke on the youtube session with the boys in LA in California several weeks ago.

It was very nice to be able to talk to you and Klaus directly and I really enjoy your HEDD headphones!!
I bought them “blind” and was not “blind-sided” in the pruchase.

They are my goto headphones that I have come to enjoy very much…the realism and soundstage it very very excellent. I have other very nice headphones but when i use them I often say “Where is the realism and soundstage”…

I use a variety of amps with the HEDD’s. Schitt Lyr 3, Schitt Asgard 3, Schitt Jotemheim and several others. All of these drive the HEDD’s easily and provide a great synergy.

I recently have a Soundaware P1 high powered amp and it works very well too.

The Hedds are indeed a very special set of headphones, its not often we have a totally new idea and technology form factor enter the headphone scene.

IMO these HEDD’s will become a classic headphone over time and I am very glad I have a set of these!

Wish you all the best in your future endeavors!!

Alex

7 Likes

Hey Alex, great to see you here as well. This is very interesting information for me as we do not have an extensive overview when it comes to amps that work well with the HEDDphone, yet. We do have several RME ADI-2 DAC FS, SPL Phonitors (new models as well as the older ones I used on various mastering projects), Chord Hugo, and a beautiful sounding GraceDesign 903. I would love to test a few more amp brands with our baby, hopefully soon when life gets a little more normal.

Many thanks for the kind words!
All best from Berlin

13 Likes

This thread got a little quiet, I am about to get it going again. I should have my YouTube review of the HEDDphone ready for your morning cups of coffee tomorrow! Big thanks to @jb77 for making it happen by lending me his personal pair! :pray:

7 Likes

Link please!

Alex

:>)

Good morning friends! Here is my review of the HEDDphone! I hope you enjoy it and find it entertaining. If you do enjoy it, please consider subscribing and leaving me a thumbs up and comment on the video. I appreciate all the support! Thanks again @jb77 for letting me audition your headphones!!!

15 Likes

Nice review!!!

Honest, straight forward and very postive!!

A breathe of fresh air in the sea of reviews that nit-pick attributes negatively…

I own the HEDDS as well as Focal Clears and Meze Emperyeans and others…they all are my favorites but the Hedds are indeed a very special headphone for sure!

Alex
:grinning:

5 Likes

Thank you @lost33 I appreciate it Alex!!

3 Likes

Nice review! I started with the heddphones and I find myself appreciating it more and more as I continue to acquire new headphones… what a fantastic german creation.

4 Likes

Thank you @callmevil !!! Appreciate it!!

3 Likes

Great review, Marcello!

Agree with much of what you said, and I’m looking forward to future HEDD models.

@jb77 is an amazing person and we’re lucky that he’s a part of our community.

Well done. :+1:t4:

6 Likes

Thank you brother @ValentineLuke !!!

2 Likes

Your review is excellent as always. The production as a whole is fantastic. Its one of the best produced video reviews I’ve seen. Very professional. You have a real talent for putting stuff together.

5 Likes

Thank you :pray: @prfallon69 I appreciate you!!!

6 Likes