iFi Audio - Official Brand Thread

Have you tried this iPower Elite on the Pro IDSD? Was it an improvement?
Also, which version would be better?
12V/4.0A or 15V/3.5A

I feel like the slight higher amperage might be more of an advantage than the higher voltage. Would I be right about that?

Got back to you on head-fi, but replying here so folks can read here as well.

Our recommended voltage with the Power is 15v for the Pro iDSD!

I don’t have anything to test, but am pretty positive it won’t work with anything lower and go into safety mode.

2 Likes

Per the owner’s manual: Input voltage (Pro iDSD): DC 9V/6.7A – 18V/3.35A
I tested it on a 12v power supply that I had lying around and it works fine although the stock 15v power supply (with the ground floated to kill the noise) sounded better, more dynamic.

1 Like

Thanks for checking! That’s great to know.

Hi Guys! I wanted to drop my new review here of the iFi Pro iCAN, I hope you enjoy it! Big thanks to iFi Audio for the extended demo! Listen with Headphones if possible and watch in 4k if possible. @SebastienChiu

10 Likes

Thank you so much Marcello! What a wonderful and visually incredible review. Forwarded this along to our entire team.

5 Likes

Thanks @SebastienChiu glad you enjoyed it!

Of course mate! Looking forward to anything you cover from us down the line!

So, iFi has made some changes to one of its most popular products. It is being showcased at the UK based What Hi-Fi? Virtual Show on 10am GMT on the 24th April.

To check it out, you need to go to https://www.whathifi.show/21/begin and register.

More next week!

4 Likes

We’re going live with our friends at Qobuz at 4 PM ET!

2 Likes

This is going to be very interesting and with a price that can compete with Raspberry Pi+hat DAC solutions. Great move by IFI.

5 Likes

Indeed. The Pi+hat market is largely DIY, produced by ultra small vendors, and not for everyone.

2 Likes

While my nerd soul loves to tweak systems and personalize them to my need a lot of people have trouble finding the right program and writing it on an SD card. In the last two years I believe I did at least 200 SD card for someone else.
This by IFI is a very good point for enter the quality streaming music at a very fair price with a great integration of functions.
I love IFI attitude doing this.

3 Likes

Hey friends,

Per mod approval (@TylersEclectic ), wanted to cordially extend an invite to the headphone community to come to join iFi audio on our newly soft-launched Discord server!

Here’s an invite link, let me know if you need a new one: iFi audio

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions, and drop an introduction once you join!

Thanks,

-Seb

7 Likes

Come join the party in our just soft-launched Discord server y’all!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Just a quick heads-up if you were not aware, we have a LED calculator live now that you can always refer to if you have any questions on what a specific LED means for your product.

3 Likes

:thinking: :+1:

2 Likes

I have the Zen Blue at work. Now that you have a Go Blu, maybe I’ll have to call it a Stay Blu.

If my preferred carry-along headphones - the Grado RS1e had a lightweight detachable cable, this would be an ideal pairing. How long do I have to wait for an e-stat version?

If anyone is in the market for one, I purchased through the website host.

1 Like

I’m slowly starting to think I’m a real fan of this brand:

They have an incredibly high hit rate in terms of sound quality and features :wink:

and now this:

7 Likes