Music that moves you

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4iRPXT2muK5kUsUL35OoPf?si=0f0358c6bc344d5f

2 Likes

https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/17e82c13-b75d-4553-8c50-f86273acafab

1 Like

One of their best albums, no doubt about it!

Frusciante’s scream in this tune always gets me:

If you just want to lay back and slowly drift into sleep to soft piano, check this out:

https://tidal.com/playlist/37e1aa55-e28c-4f6c-9885-c7cfabea9a39

It starts with some classical and jazz influenced pieces and slowly become more and more dream-like, your eyes start to get a little heavy and ¡BAMM! you startle awake to your head slamming the desk because you’ve nodded off. Caution: listen in bed. :joy: May or may not be speaking from experience.

1 Like

Lately I love this one by Marillion. The Lyrics are just incredible as well. Very poetically dark and yet triumphant at times.

This song always gets my attention.

1 Like

I love that whole album, as well as their first, “Script For A Jester’s Tear”.

Any fans of Peter Gabriel-era Genesis (cough… @jthvac ) should try out the first 2 Marillion albums IMO.

2 Likes

Was listening to Script For a Jesters Tear just the other night @PaisleyUnderground. I agree the Fish fronted Marillion is excellent. Also their single Grendel has a very strong Supper’s Ready vibe to it.

I also enjoy Fish’s solo album Vigil In a Wilderness Of Mirrors which I was just listening to with the Atrium Closed last night;

3 Likes

Hey man! Long time no talk. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah I splurged and bought all the Fish-era Marillion deluxe boxsets because I’m in love with blu ray audio. Anyhow. The packaging and live material for each set is first rate and I can easily recommend them. I know many prefer downloads these days, but if you wanna immerse and treat yourself ? My god man. Do it. :innocent:

1 Like

Oh yes. I’ve got this one. Also it would surprise many that Jannick Gers of Iron Maiden is a featured guitar player on this album. I love the track “Family Business. “

Also @jthvac what do you think of the latest Peter Gabriel downloads as well as the different mixes available mostly by tachad Blake and Mike Stent ?

So far I’ve been digging them all, but the Bright side mix of Panopticom is absolutely awesome. Terrific chorus.

Honestly @Nephilim_81 I’ve only listened to each one once. I’ve been waiting for the album to drop and get the feel of that before listening to these. But I may change that since it seems like the album is still a bit out.

1 Like

I didn’t even know he had new music out. I’ll have to give it a listen. What do you think of it?

I’d treat yourself a bit because I think the music is exciting enough to explore the different remixes of the tracks that are available so far. Usually I am a lot like you and I wait for a physical copy, so I can have the best listening experience possible because of the equipment I’ve chosen.
Actually John. It took a month for my SHM-CD of Metallica’s 72 Seasons album to be delivered to me ! Finally got it today! I just listened to the album all the way through and I gotta say it is pretty good. All break neck speed. No ballads. Also Bob Ludwig mastered it, so the album itself is kinda easy on the ears. You can crank it. Lol.

1 Like

I actually really quite adore it. The Tchad Blake mixes are incredible and Peter is really good at utilizing modern tech in the right way. I think you’ll be pleased. High quality downloads in 24/96k off Bandcamp are available. :v::handshake:

1 Like

I am surprised that no one has mentioned this yet. Méditation from Thaïs by Jules Massenet.

1 Like

And second place is Kelly Clarkson, Piece by Piece.

This isn’t one of George Michael’s more well-known songs, but I think it may be his best. And I think a lot of his struggle is written into this song.

1 Like

There are quite a lot of songs that bring back fond memories, like Texas - Detroit City (me cruising through downtown Detroit with a Mustang convertible, just like the video).
Tears for Fears - Woman in Chains with Oleta Adams is just a beautiful song;
then Jerico - the Motive - the initial lines “And down she came with all you know, and captured my desire” are just the perfect description of when I met my now-wife for the first time.

But there is one song that stands out : Icehouse - Great Southern Land. This always catapults me back into 1994, our very first trip down under, sitting in the rental car somewhere on Kangaroo Island, heading to Adelaide. Then this song of my absolute favourite band ever comes on the radio and the moment is just perfect. And on top, after the song the moderator announces Icehouse will be playing in Adelaide that night and tickets are still available. Guess where we went that night!?

2 Likes

Absolutely terrific. Thank you. 1994 in general was such a special year. Really loved the 90’s a lot. Great song. Thanks again. :handshake:

1 Like

For me it’s two songs that really get me in the feels. One is Pantera’s Cowboys From Hell, the other is Metallica’s Sad But True. Really emotional gems that remind me of my younger days.

1 Like