New Focal Headphone Release - 01.28.21

I might be in the minority here but I don’t have (or want I guess) any social media accounts. I’ve subscribed to the YouTube channel, which is great by the way, but I won’t be fulfilling the entire requirements of the giveaway. I don’t suppose I’ll be entered if I don’t complete all 3 steps. Figured it was worth an ask!

5 Likes

6 out of 7 deaf people prefer the Ultrasone sound. Fact.

5 Likes

what happened to the seventh person? Did he go deaf afterwards?

Now that the cat’s out of the bag:

There’s rumors of another release. @taronlissimore anything you can sure with us?

I can confirm that headphone companies will release products in 2021.

Outside of that, we won’t leak information that brands have shared with us in confidence.

Lots to be excited for this year though!

16 Likes

New products this year hey.

Sounds special.

Likely see;

2 new Focal Models
3 new Schiit Products
18 new Topping Products
6 Amps to top the ASR SNR charts

4 Likes

Another rumored Focal release you say?

Yes, that’s the rumor, we shall see…

C…MG
(credit to NOMAX

1 Like

I think you went a little low on the numbers regarding Topping…

also …
THXamps: 500 new models (that all sound the same)

seriously joking please don’t take as fact the above statement lol

3 Likes

ZOMG must collect all 500!

2 Likes

That was a fun live stream, thanks for doing that.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for a comparison between the other Focal models around that price range.

Okay, I hate to be Mr Negativity (no I don’t) but it seems to me they changed the colorway, tune with different pads and (maybe) damping, but otherwise they’re all the same closed back headphone. Radiance, Celestee, Stellia, etc… Am I wrong?

That’s one of the things I had hoped they would touch on in the stream, but I didn’t really see much of it addressed.

Any mechanical difference someone can shed some light on here between the bunch?

2 Likes

Stellia uses beryllium drivers so completely different headphone. I don’t think it was touched on the stream but the venting on the Celestee is different than on the Radiance.

The venting on the Celestee is done through the Focal logo (like on the Elegia) vs the Radiance which had a pop out on the cup that handled the venting with the logo being completely solid. Completely changes the isolation on it as well as the sound. The Celestee is easily Focal’s closed-back with the best isolation due to the pads + venting from my experience.

Both the Celestee and Radiance do use the 40mm Aluminum Magnesium driver though.

4 Likes

:question: :question: :question:

Sennheiser, Hifiman, ZMF, Beyerdynamic…

same design, different colours, different drivers or tuning.

Same concept for all manufacturer.

1 Like

How is the venting done on the Stellia?

The company name is TOPPING. How can they continue to exist if they don’t constantly TOP themselves?

V1.1 = 99% optimal
V1.2 = 99.00000000001% optimal
V1.3 = 99.00000000002% optimal

V9999999999.9 = 99.x% optimal

2 Likes

Same!

3 Likes

The scheme maybe the same but as for the driver staying to what I’ve been told at Focal factory the material changes so changes the venting.

5 Likes

Sorry GENERIC, I think you’re right. Its TOPPING. Or as we like to say, T099ING. Though I guess these days its T00000000000000000099ING.

3 Likes