New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Not yet. Only have the D70>THX 789 and a Hiby R5. They really shine with more power.

3 Likes

Welcome @Paladin I still have the purple cables you sent me!! Stoked to see you here!

4 Likes

Oh so quite similar to my chain :slight_smile:

RME ADI 2 DAC > THXAAA789 and I had the R5 but kept the ifi xDSD, which I also compared to other solutions.

1 Like

How do u like the RME? I’ve heard good things about it.

The comments about Dynaco make me wonder if you were a friend of a friend. I’ve many a fond memory of PAS-2, PAS-3x and PAT-4. Paired with Mark IIIs and later modded Tigersaurus. All back in college. A friend was a grad student in engineering acoustics, and he claimed prior to that to have had a roomate (before he returned to college) who was a design engineer at Dynaco.

PM me to discuss further, if theater organ and barbershop might have been in any of your formatative background.

2 Likes

I´m perfectly fine for now - it´s like a good place to start for me, I guess. Using quite some EQ, it won for me before the Chord Quotest.
would love to add a R2R DAC and a warmer amp, to my options

here is our RME ADI-2 DAC fs - Official Thread

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Lana, @emilsal and @fffkylian01.

4 Likes

welcome to the community @Lana, @emilsal and @fffkylian01

3 Likes

Wow, this thread moves so fast!

Welcome to all of the recent additions to this great forum!

I am sorry that I can’t name all of you individually as I can’t find the @ symbol on my keyboard.

3 Likes

Still? You should pick up some new keycaps from Drop. I"m sure if you replaced them all with @ signs, it would solve the problem.

3 Likes

I thought I recognized your ID lol and I am glad to be on a site where I do not get yelled at for mentioning purple cables lol, they are the prettiest as I recall. :innocent:

7 Likes

Welcome, NEW peoples :wave:

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I am new here from Boston, I’ve been reading these forums for a few months now and I finally decided to join up. I have been a headphone nut for a few years now and already been through a bunch of gear. Started with a K7XX to an Elex (which I loved) and now I am happily content with my LCD/X / Aeolus combo running out of my RME ADI DAC. I also started a vinyl collection with a UTurn turntable (made right here in Boston) and Bottlehead crack for that ultimate analog warmth. I really look forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers,
Shaun

11 Likes

Hello, i’m back my 25th wedding anniversary gift took the wind out of my headphone hobby for a while. I survived back to the grind of learning and listing.

10 Likes

Happy to be here and contribute to the community. i recently really stepped my headphone setup in the last few months purchasing the arya, ether cx, elegia, bifrost 2 and thx aaa789.

I enjoy the reviews from the headphone youtube page and look forward to interact with the group here.

5 Likes

Hello everyone.

I’m new here and just ran across the site recently while doing some research on headphones.
After reading a review last week on a set of headphones by one of the members, I chose to place an order. The headphones showed up today and I am very much enjoying my new cans, thanks to this site. Thanks @Resolve for the review since it was your opinion that helped me decide that this is the pair of cans that I’ve been looking for.

I look forward to hanging around and hope to be able to contribute.

9 Likes

Hello and welcome @KhaosSP, @deraj, @koss25, @Auriculoide and @SirMilo.

3 Likes

Welcome! Glad you’re enjoying them!

3 Likes

welcome to the community @KhaosSP, @deraj, @koss25, @Auriculoide and @SirMilo

and glad you are back @MadRev - 25years are a long time! - congratulations

my wife and I are following with over 20 years - which felt very short :slight_smile:

6 Likes

you have a great setup, Emil! - this escalated quickly!! LoL

curious what you think of the B2 and 789 chain with the Arya and Elegia!
Both the Schiit and the Hifiman are high on my list and I know the THX and Focal.

2 Likes